Ted Cruz mocked on Jimmy Kimmel for blaming school shootings on too many doors

Originally published at: Ted Cruz mocked on Jimmy Kimmel for blaming school shootings on too many doors | Boing Boing

3 Likes

The Fire Marshall would like a a word, you fucking dumbass

42 Likes

If doors are a problem, how about Cruz get rid of the doors in his Capitol offices? That way everyone could hear what orders Cruz’s owners in the NRA and other special interest groups give him.

19 Likes

But then they would have nowhere to duck into when a tough question is asked - not gonna happen!

20 Likes

“Okay, kids, here’s the map to your next lesson. It starts in 1 minute.”

12 Likes

Today’s NRA convention is being held in a venue that has many, many doors.

You know what they aren’t allowing there? Fucking guns.

27 Likes

So he wants a replay of the 1942 Cocoanut Grove fire?

8 Likes

As long as he’s inside when they seal the walls, I’m good with that plan. It’s well past time someone went all Cask of Amontillado on his ass.

22 Likes

Of the many reasons why this is stupid, what if there are two shooters, and one stays and blocks the single door.

8 Likes

I was a little surprised by this.

You accidentally left a path from the start to the finish.

8 Likes

Anything else would be pointlessly cruel. I’m not a Republican!

13 Likes

Preliminary reports suggest the shooter only used one door to enter the school.

15 Likes

Note to GOP politicians: if something happens, and you want to give the worst possible take, wait until Ted tweets a few times, just to know where the bar is.

Even if you know how much of an asshole Ted is, and multiply it by two, Ted can still surprise you.

9 Likes

Or, go inside without a gun, pull the fire alarm, then go outside to your car and start using the gun you left there after everyone follows you out.

4 Likes

There have been 11 mass shootings of over ten people each in the United States since the beginning of 2017. Four have been in Texas, including two schools. No other state has had more than one.

What does Texas have that other states don’t? Some of the laxest gun laws. Some of the most toxic masculinity. Empathy in men is seen as a weakness. Little mental health care access, and the viewpoint that seeking mental health care is a weakness. Massive wealth gaps. I know Texas isn’t the only state with these problems, but they somehow seem amplified.

I live in Texas, so I see all this a lot. Fuck Sen. Cruz, fuck Gov. Abbott, and fuck the Republicans who feed off of all this. None of them have done anything over the past five years to stop this, and they won’t do anything now except point fingers at ridiculous nonsense.

8 Likes

You mean kind of like this?

2 Likes

Even by the standards of non-solutions to school shootings this seems astonishingly stupid.

Short of installing a self-destruct button I can hardly think of a greater gift to a gunman who is working either alone or with a very small number of accomplices than removing all potential escape routes and entry points in favor of a single chokepoint that increases the speed and convenience of locating victims and represents a best-case situation for someone outnumbered by the cops to successfully hold them off for longer(and deny access to the entire building so long as they can do so, rather than being encircled and contained while evacuation and medical efforts proceed elsewhere).

6 Likes

Since Ted has been bought & paid for by the NRA [among others], he is doing everything he can to deflect blame away from the obvious culprit.
His brain drippings aren’t supposed to make any sense, so long as they do what they are intended to do, & that is to change the subject.
And, it has worked!

It seems to me that the only proper response to his bleatings from now on is this:
Its not worth anyone’s time to analyze, criticize, or pay attention to his utterances, other than to respond:

Giving his bullshit air is playing right into his game…

4 Likes

There aren’t enough cool doggo vids in the world to blunt this tradgedy.

I’d be very happy to watch someone question him, and about 4 seconds in be like “actually, nah, just STFU”.

1 Like