When GOP Congressman asked what to do about shootings, he shrugs: "We're not going to fix it"

Originally published at: When GOP Congressman asked what to do about shootings, he shrugs: "We're not going to fix it" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

His kids are homeschooled – why would anyone think he’d give us a fuck about anyone else?

35 Likes

Strictly, they don’t want to fix it, what they want are the NRA donations.

30 Likes

Holy shit. He’s actually saying The Onion headlines back to the media.

33 Likes

If only there were some way, something we could do, but it’s the same everywhere right? What can you do?

17 Likes

Resignation, or statement of intention?

10 Likes

he’s a member of the “we’ve tried absolutely nothing, and we’re all out of ideas” party, so intention.

not a single one of them will vote for an assault weapon ban, and a ban would clearly help.

32 Likes

Sorry, Buddy. Your daddy was wrong.

3 Likes

The horrible, horrible situation is a feature, not a bug.

7 Likes

You know what he is? He’s a traitor. He’s acknowledging that there is a problem that’s costing Americans their lives and he’s refusing to even attempt to do anything about it. He was elected to Congress to do something about problems. He is refusing to do his job, and it’s costing Americans their lives. He’s a traitor.

23 Likes

There’s something absolutely infuriating about feigning an exhausted, defeatist attitude towards a problem that he’s not only made no effort towards solving, but has actively fought against other people’s efforts to solve. The sheer audacity and entitlement of these fuckers makes my blood boil.

22 Likes

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!!

4 Likes

His daddy went to war, children are going to school, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING

10 Likes

Crime. Boy, I don’t know.

2 Likes

Well then, open up the jails, just think of how much money we’ll save.

/s

5 Likes

That reminds me of a MAD Magazine comic I can’t find but a kid is being put in a cell by a cop who says, “A night in jail will teach you a lesson!” And the kid replies, “Yeah, if I want to learn to be a criminal.”

Even in my youth I knew “lock 'em all up” was both unfeasible and counterproductive.

8 Likes

“But I already know how to make a shiv, I went to public school!”

2 Likes

When “thoughts and prayers” are just too much work …

2 Likes

That’s the Republican way.

1 Like

Unfortunately his only job is to get re-elected.