Pete Davidson to ride Jeff Bezos' rocket

Originally published at: Pete Davidson to ride Jeff Bezos' rocket | Boing Boing

1 Like

25 Likes

Somewhere in a large insurance company an actuary is raising the premium for this particular flight.

10 Likes

No take backs.

7 Likes

I grow weary of celebrity dick measuring. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

How about a very feminine rocket instead Pete?

6 Likes

The real question is: how high will Pete Davidson be on the trip?

Kinda fucking bizarre that he could be in the history books as the first stoned person in space.

2 Likes

Ye has been in space for some time.

7 Likes

If comedians are running countries now, then yes, get them to fucking space already to absorb the fragility of our precious marble. I’ve gone beyond fully conceding to the upside down - fuck it, I’m leaning into it.

If they go forward with it it looks like we’re in for a real-life stand-off like in that classic 1977 Saturday Night Live sketch Planet of the Men vs. Planet of the Women:

2 Likes

Our hopes and dreams lay in a premature ejection.

CleanEmbarrassedJaguar-max-1mb

3 Likes

Headline: “X to ride Jeff Bezos’ rocket”
Me: “Is that a euphemism?”
[remembers what rocket looks like]: “Oh right, it’s always a euphemism…”

4 Likes

Yay, the fifth Dr will finally travel in space. What…? Yeah dr who… ohh…

3 Likes

Sooooo . . . What happens when one of these celebrity and rich-people filled capsules inevitably crashes, develops a air leak, blows up, or otherwise fails? While I don’t hope it happens (because it would set back spaceflight by another decade or so, like the shuttle crashes), I do wonder how that would impact the whole zeitgeist.

1 Like

If Bezos is onboard, then I hope its a one way trip. No offense Pete, but the Earth doesn’t need Jeff back.

Obligatory

3 Likes

I am still adjusting to the fact that the Tenth Doctor’s children is the Fifth Doctor’s grandchildren.

3 Likes

They’ll be in trouble if they need someone to reverse the polarity of the neutrino flow.

3 Likes

Pete Davidson to ride Jeff Bezos’ rocket

Well, I hope Bezos at least has the common decency to take him out for dinner and drinks first.

5 Likes

I just hope he’s in full regulation cricket attire. Otherwise, well it’s just not

2 Likes