Petition: tell Obama to stand by commitment to "most transparent administration in history"

Is that real? I mean, my god. Everyone thinks Bush/Cheney were these evil masterminds doing things behind the public’s back with underhanded means. That is just insane if true. It almost makes me respect the Democrats for hiding it so well.

The thing about transparency is that it runs counter to Obama’s natural poker face style. He has an innate ability to keep his thoughts private, which I actually admire about him.

Source:

That graph is of “derivative classification” i.e. those works which are derived from classified works. The number of originally classified works is down a little bit.

I don’t know why the two things diverged so much. Perhaps the Obama administration is doing a lot more internal communication on classified matters? Perhaps its an appointee in the ISOO who is way more thorough? Maybe it’s one of his early executive orders on secrets? For example:

Which might backfire and cause some agencies to classify more things? I don’t know.

LOL, you believe the lie.

Get real; it’s plain as day that Sanders is so unusually honest that calling him a politician seems like an insult. Dude is an actual, bona fide public servant. Have you checked out his past on YouTube? He’s consistently maintained a principled stand for decades.

He’s the anti-Trump. The only one offering a shred of hope. An actual champion, in the literal sense. If anyone in the running would bring transparency to government, it’s Sanders, and no other.

1 Like

Of course, because he could already see beyond being merely UK PM to when he would make the real money on the Republican lecture circuit.
Our problem was that we got a lawyer as PM, and he saw GWBIII as his client. His job was to represent his client in the most favourable light. From that point of view all his communications should be privileged.
Obama, as a Constitutional lawyer, seems to have made the mistake of greatly overestimating the power of the President. I suspect he really envies the Pope, who can go in and clear out the corruption, sack Cardinals profiting from the Vatican Bank, cut pork budgets generally and be wildly popular, whereas Obama can’t even replace a dead Catholic judge who wanted to turn the clock back to the 18th century.

1 Like

As I have stated to you before, in one form or another, It is not a ZERO sum game. To put it bluntly, this is NOT A GAME. The way you vote may affect the world.

Remember, it is not end all or be all, go for the people who are the lesser evil. The Republicans contenders are all fundies, and completely Bonkers; I don’t need to tell you that Trump wanted to use bullets dipped in pigs blood to kill Muslims. It has been posted on this very site for you to read. It is irreverent to state this but, I like you as a “poster” ( someone who posts here, I find that impersonal: so I’d state that what you have publicly written on Boingboing as personal, so I’ll call you a Person, I’d find nothing else to call you less meaningful, you are a person with nothing else to gain from this, that is stating what you believe to be reality.)

I’m an Aussie. Why do you think I’m so interested?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.