Petty traffic cop pesters man over a shopping cart

Originally published at: Petty traffic cop pesters man over a shopping cart | Boing Boing

3 Likes

It seems obvious to me that this is staged.

17 Likes

Is it me, or are the links to the videos missing?

6 Likes

The links are missing for me as well.

4 Likes

Links show and work for me (tablet/Android/Brave).

Yeah, when the second cart came out from behind the car that became pretty clear.

4 Likes

Totally staged Shopping Cart Theory; the decision to return a shopping cart is the ultimate test of moral character and a person’s capacity to be self-governing.

4 Likes

And for many who fail that test returning a shopping cart is the ultimate test for a sucker.

This is like picking a fight with Bugs Bunny— you just aren’t going to win.

4 Likes

The links work for me, but only from the main article

Do you want Trailer Park Boys? Because that’s how you get Trailer Park Boys.

Yeah, pretty clear - but for whom? The woman filming it, someone else (and she’s just an accidental witness), or just for the public performance of it all? If it’s for the woman recording it, it feels like a bit of a let-down, if they went to all that work for… that.

If you have an adblocker installed, that’s probably why. Mine loaded the captcha, but took issue with the domain the embeds tried to load video from.

who’re the Trailer Park Boys?

1 Like

I thought the commentator is in on it too.

2 Likes

Halloween Nbc GIF by Superstore

2 Likes

Yep. Like the summer actor stock stand-ins for stand-ins.

The volume of carts produced from behind a single small car itself tells me everyone involved is in on the joke (including the woman filming and narrating). To be honest though, the better payoff would be the driver playing along with cleaning up the carts just long enough to distract the security guy and pull out.

2 Likes

Her other TikTok videos are also staged, probably with the same two males.

3 Likes

Yeah, I kind of assumed so, but I really like the idea that these two guys were just acting out this drama for whoever happened to be watching.

Ah well, the more interesting option is definitely off the table, then…