PG Tips 'Extra Strong' is a perfectly drinkable strong black tea

Hear, hear!

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t know tea snobs were a thing until I read these comments.

Thank god there aren’t such people when it comes to discussing beer…

2 Likes

Anchor Stout or GTFO.

1 Like

Have you accepted our lord and savior Russian Imperial Stout into your life?

5 Likes

Golden tips assam tea is awesome.

Well actually

2 Likes

1 Like

Lastly, tea — unless one is drinking it in the Russian style — should be drunk without sugar. I know very well that I am in a minority here. But still, how can you call yourself a true tea-lover if you destroy the flavour of your tea by putting sugar in it? It would be equally reasonable to put in pepper or salt. Tea is meant to be bitter, just as beer is meant to be bitter. If you sweeten it, you are no longer tasting the tea, you are merely tasting the sugar; you could make a very similar drink by dissolving sugar in plain hot water.

– George Orwell, “A Nice Cup of Tea”

2 Likes

This seems like a good place to insert one of my gripes about trying to get a decent cup of tea at a restaurant/cafe/etc. here in America. I ask, Do you have plain black tea? They answer, Yes, we have Earl Grey. I explain that Earl Grey is flavored tea, and what I was hoping for was just plain black tea, perhaps an English Breakfast tea? and they look at me like I’m a super persnickety troublemaker/lunatic.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.