Phil McCracken, Eileen Dover and other interestingly-named people fail to make it to a school board meeting

Originally published at: Phil McCracken, Eileen Dover and other interestingly-named people fail to make it to a school board meeting | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Pat MacGroin

1 Like

But Wayne Kerr is real! They even have a test!

https://www.waynekerrtest.com/

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 13.51.17

3 Likes

Looks very real: Prank finds its way into Henrico School Board meeting | The Henrico Citizen

2 Likes

School Board President Moe Szyslak is not going to be happy.

10 Likes

i went to school with a guy named Mike Hunt - srsly

7 Likes

I had a high school english teacher named Hooker who liked to head jokes off at the pass by making a joke about his sister Ima.

7 Likes

It’s real - starts around 3:12:36

4 Likes

Also Phil McCracken, CEO of Cessna.

6 Likes

Seymour Cocks was an elected MP too

https://api.parliament.uk/historic-hansard/written-answers/1929/jul/16/nottinghamshieis-miners-union-membership#S5CV0230P0_19290716_CWA_172

Sadly the killjoys at Hansard insist on calling him Frederick, even though he chose to run for election using the name Seymour.

10 Likes

Irma Gerd?

6 Likes

Once upon a time I did use a prank name and got away with it. Sort of…

I was attending the Budweiser mobile brewery tour at an air-show and they would give you a little souvenir card with your name printed on it. Mine was missing at the end (for some odd reason :roll_eyes: ) and I had to go tell a very attractive woman in a slinky dress the name.

Slyly and nervously I said “First name is Adolph and last name is hyphenated Oliver-Busch” and she proceeded to type it out and hand one over with out a clue. Well, at least until her colleague told her it was a joke name as I was walking away. :grin:

I think I have the card still, squirreled away somewhere for future evidence of the immaturity of my younger self

1 Like

Genuinely knew a girl growing up named “Mia Ho”. Asian immigrant parents had no idea what it meant.

Sorry, just not getting the Adolph, can you explain like I’m stupid? :grimacing: :upside_down_face: :hugs:

1 Like

How I learned to live with a name that's a constant source of humiliation — Quartz

2 Likes

Mike Cox. And his relative, the local insurance guy, was Harden Cox.

Oh, and Jack Schmidt. He actually ran for State Rep. with the tag line “You Don’t Know Jack Schmidt!” Srsly.

2 Likes

Ate off all of her bush.

3 Likes

Mike Rapines.

Not sure if that’s a name that’s in there, but it’s a good one. Every time I see one of these roided out anti mask motherfuckers getting in the face of a skinny little Asian teenager just doing her job for $7.25/hr, I think, that guy’s got a Mike Rapines for sure.

2 Likes

That seems… painful, but okay then! :joy:

1 Like

Guy in school when I was young was named Harry Root.

And, like @Robbo, I knew a guy named Mike Hunt. He went by Michael, for understandable reasons.

Harry went by Harry.

3 Likes