Watch Mississippi governor honor graduate "Harry Azcrac"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/20/watch-mississippi-governor-hon.html

7 Likes

I suppose it might be arguably even MORE awkward if the Governor refused to read a name under the assumption it was a prank only to learn that such a person really did exist.

20 Likes

I’m sorry, but I just can’t approve of tricking a Muppet into saying swears.

3 Likes

nice recovery. +1, governor!

9 Likes

What’s next?
One “Tupac Shakur” applying for unemployment benefits?

2 Likes

Truth: I had a friend in high school by the name of Michael Hunt. We used to get him hailed on the office P.A. - a lot.

4 Likes

I knew a Mike Cox. His wife’s sister was married to a Jack Schmidt. The next town over had an insurance agency owned by Harden Cox; not sure if they were related.

2 Likes

We had a Rick Hawk at our high school, and I’d always wondered how close he might have come to being named Mike.

6 Likes

He really sells it, doesn’t he.

1 Like

Ho Lee Fook, they got him!

1 Like

I went to school with a Ben Hard. At the time I lived next to a Dick Head.

1 Like
4 Likes

We’ve all lived next to Dick Head at one point or another. Honestly, prior neighbors may have mistaken me for a Dick Head at various points.

Friend’s neighbor was “Mia Ho”.

Had a teacher really botch role call once on “Phuc Bich”…

Gets really fun when you have Asian names in the mix.

1 Like

Must be the same ethnicity as “Harry Balczak”.

Don’t forget Ben Dover’s friend, Phil McCracken.

I posted this back in 2015 but the story seems relevant: Visiting my parents in Toronto, I added “areola” to my father’s weekly shopping list. I told him it was a type of granola and that if he couldn’t see it in the cereal aisle, that he should just ask for help.

Separately, my younger brother changed his high school graduation award card from “drafting” to … something else. When he walked on stage, he handed the card to the principal who calmly announced that “along with his diploma, Andrew will be receiving fellatio.”

2 Likes

I had a friend named Dina Maddick. She joked that she had a brother named Otto.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.