Philadelphia Flyers apologizes for mean staffer who was caught dissing reporter on a hot mic (video)

Originally published at: Philadelphia Flyers apologizes for mean staffer who was caught dissing reporter on a hot mic (video) | Boing Boing

1 Like

Toxicity in the NHL?

fight club quote GIF

5 Likes

I would also like to bring to BB’s attention the following hockey documentary

5 Likes

Racism in the NHL hasn’t been a very well kept secret. Jerome Iginla was pretty vocal about it while he was an active player. Suban’s been vocal about it, too. This is a culture that will have to change over time, USA Hockey has been hammering inclusivity for years with youth and recreational players. Some of those young kids are going to grow up to be phenomenal players, and they should not be denied a shot at The Cup just because they’re not white.

4 Likes

I mean, doesn’t the dolt realize the reporter is most likely tired of asking the question, too? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes
2 Likes

The woman was doing her fucking job. If people can’t deal with answering questions without being disrepsectful shitheads, maybe they need to find a new job?

And of course, there is the misogyny angle here… “how dare women be sports reporters”… fuck that noise.

4 Likes

As an aficionado of the art form, I can tell you that wasn’t snark, IMO; it was someone needlessly acting like a dickwad.

There’s a major difference.

4 Likes

To be clear, the player answering questions is not the person who made the comment. He acted very professionally and answered the question as if he didn’t hear the shitty comment.

1 Like

I’m aware… my point is that the social media team should know better than shit like this. Their entire job is communicating with the public, and they can’t even not shit all over a journalist for her gender. That and it’s not just some “snarky” comment.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.