Phone battery explodes after man bites into it [VIDEO]

Originally published at: Phone battery explodes after man bites into it [VIDEO] | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdjp0ynPmkE

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty well known that lithium ion batteries are hypergolic in air when punctured.

11 Likes

You want a contagious disease? Cuz this is how you get a contagious disease.

19 Likes

This is, frankly, how you get pinworms.

12 Likes

Eww. I learned a few new things.

But sounds like I’d rather have pinworms than a battery exploding in my face.

10 Likes

I only bite on dead LiPo cells. They’re less likely to go kablooey.

5 Likes

So he’s classified as what people call a “biter”. Hmmmmm…

11 Likes

NO

NO YOU DON’T

(personal experience)

13 Likes

Worse than a battery exploding in your face?
Yikes.

Did it at least stop you from putting random objects in your mouth? :wink:

8 Likes

Not fun, not at all, it’s a hell onto itself…

8 Likes

Getting waaaaay off topic, but the article I read made it sound like the main symptom is an itchy butthole, to use the technical term.
I don’t want that, of course. But your and @knoxblox ’s response makes me think it’s far worse than what the article led me to believe

Either way: I’m dedicated to not licking or nibbling on random foreign objects, whether they be batteries or flagpoles. If I must nibble, I will be sure to sterilize first. That’s a promise.

8 Likes

Not cats. :man_shrugging:

kissing-cat-on-the-mouth

5 Likes

Believe me, itchy is an understatement.

4 Likes

I saw this several times while traveling as Chief Cook. It frankly is hell personified, it takes a very protracted time to rid the person of the issue. And it’s highly contagious too. So in close quarters on a ship, it can run wild fire to say the least. My many hopes no one ever has to recover from it, or better yet as was my case be the care taker while they recovered…

WASH YOUR HANDS, DANM IT!

8 Likes

So far off topic, not even going to apologize now!

12 Likes

I still wouldn’t bite a battery, though.

Police+in+other+countries+really+do+add+insult+to+injury+_23828626e10a082c62f80c436b7faf90

12 Likes

“actually my partner just has the habit of putting things into his mouth and nibbling on them”

Which is why he’s no longer a gynecologist.

6 Likes

surprised dude didn’t blow his own face off

4 Likes

There have been few videos on Boing Boing that, after reading the description, had me in fear of watching it than this one! “Man’s face blows up! Watch!”

Thankfully it’s not nearly as gory as it sounds. Whew. And lucky for those involved!

5 Likes