Phone battery explodes after man bites into it [VIDEO]

My favorite thing about this incident, (other than the fact that everyone came out unscathed) is how chill and good natured everyone seems to be about what must have been a pretty freaky incident. Contrasts with how one imagines this going down in the litigation-happy U.S.

4 Likes

One more way that wearing face masks in public protects our collective safety, I suppose.

5 Likes

Taps head.

Well, you see, the 1,000 IQ play here is that if you nibble on exploding things, the fire will destroy any contagious disease. There may be unwelcome side-effects though.

3 Likes

I had to watch the video first to decipher why everyone’s concern was for the woman with the guy who put an exploding battery into his mouth. He’s damn lucky there was a slight delay there.

6 Likes

“She added that the battery her partner had bitten into wasn’t a genuine iPhone battery.”

Well that’s good to know. Apple cultists everywhere give a great sigh of relief. You have a cupertino product, you can definitely suck it.

3 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous. A pinworm infection is easily cured. Having a toddler means I have to, on average, deworm twice a year. No big deal. Headlice are more annoying because they are much harder to destroy.

An exploding battery to the face takes a bit more to cure than a $2 box of over the counter pills.

3 Likes

From the look of the video, he doesn’t just nibble on it absentmindedly like a toddler might do. He really bites down on it. What the hell was he expecting to happen after that?

3 Likes

2 Likes

That rather reminds me of another prescription. The use of dynamite as an adjunct in the cure of Athletes Foot. 1 cured. 25 missing believed cured.

3 Likes

No they’re not, you completely disassemble discharged cells without a problem. Depending on the cell the electrolytes used are quite flammable. If you bite or otherwise puncture a charged cell you can short them out internally creating enough heat to vaporize and then ignite the electrolyte if it comes in contact with air, sometimes with explosive results.

1 Like

actually my partner just has the habit of putting things into his mouth and nibbling on them.

So, he hasn’t progressed much from being a two-year-old?
At his age he needs some help if he hasn’t managed to become a tad more discriminating.

3 Likes

Precisely. I’m nibbling my iPhone with impunity right now!

Sent from my iPhone™ 11™ Pro™ with the transformative triple-camera system that is better than your Android Whatever

Prolly obvious, but /s

1 Like

Truly a flavor explosion!

3 Likes

came for the jokes about the battery biter, stayed for the pinworm stories. thanks, all!

4 Likes

Yeah, but why did he bite it? Party trick?

I got that impression too.
A mere ‘nibble’ wouln’t be nearly enough to puncture a battery, this was a bite with significant force i’d wager…

2 Likes

I dunno. Maybe there’s a pill out there people could take that enlightens them to hyperbole as a humor device? :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

ok, point taken.

I find the combination of hyperbole/sarcasm on the one side and internet comments on the other side increasingly hard to interpret.

I should have known better considering your previous posts.

And yet it is only the little bag of desiccant which has “Do not eat.” on it.

2 Likes

The date in the top left says 2018-01-19. Is this really from over three years ago?

1 Like