Photo proof: Greta Thunberg is a time traveler who has come here to save us from ourselves

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/22/photo-proof-greta-thunberg-is.html

8 Likes

Good. We obviously need a hand.

18 Likes

Ironic she came from the past.

4 Likes

How do you know she’s not from the future and travelled back for that pic?
Maybe it will actually be taken next week?
This Timeline is so broken anything could happen.

27 Likes

Unfortunately the time portal technology is unstable and leads to many unexpected things coming through

25 Likes

Just as long as her time machine runs on renewables.

8 Likes

just in case if anybody thinks this is shopped; original source:

too bad that theres no higher resolution of it.

“The Greta Thunberg time-travel conspiracy theorists have got it wrong: the photo is from the future.”

based on how young she appears, its not very distant…

7 Likes

Thanks! Added the link.

5 Likes

Maybe this is an ancestor of Greta’s. The real question is, did the old Greta meet grandpa Trump in the Yukon?

I’d point out that when gold was found along the Bonanza creek in 1896, one of those involved was native, Tagish specifically, the brother in law of the other guy.

Meanwhike, the current Greta is on her way back to Europe, having found another sailboat to hitch a ride on. If she hadn’t fiund it, she might have been stuck in North America for some time, almost like being stuck in time.

1 Like

This could very well be a picture of future Greta, showing us how agriculture will work in the zero-emissions world of 2100.

2 Likes

I think future Greta did or will make a stop back in the 1890s to succor child workers.

What I really want to know is why the dog in the background has a blurry human face.

1 Like

Until I see a photo of her from the future I remain unconvinced she is a time traveller.

Obviously she’s an immortal. Though it can’t be fun to be stuck as a teenager forever, and always have adults dismiss what you say.

“When you’re my age kiddo, you’ll understand.”

“When I’m your age?? I’m well over five thousand years old, kiddo!”

3 Likes

“This is all wrong, I shouldn’t be here. I should be working the family mine in the year 1898”

2 Likes

Twonky resolved with MNC.

4 Likes

It runs on puppies, so yep!

2 Likes

Surprised nobody has taken the Vampire angle yet.

3 Likes

We are in the darkest timeline. Maybe Greta will save us.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Come on people, Occam’s Razor. I’m told quite frequently I look like a lot of other guys and I kind of do.Therefore, I know that if you look at enough historic photos of Asian people, you’re gonna find a guy that kind of looks like me. And I’m pretty sure it’s the same for everyone of every race. Kind of a fun picture anyways.

1 Like

It’s no surprise the idea of reincarnation is coeval across many cultures. The amount of genetic recycling in our species is infrequent enough that we find it odd. But run the numbers and it is likely to be quite common to produce doppelgangers through the generations, or simultaneously. We’ve all seen the identicals by different parents photos.