After nearly a year, Greta Thunberg finally gets Trump back for mocking her on Twitter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/06/after-nearly-a-year-greta-thunberg-finally-gets-trump-back-for-mocking-her-on-twitter.html

23 Likes

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

92 Likes

Especially if your main fight is against global warming.

62 Likes

Nice one.

18 Likes

Given that he throws fits most days that end with a y, she really was patient.

17 Likes

For real, no one does shade like folks with autism.

11 Likes

Kudos Greta for being an awesome champion for the one existential problem that we need to deal with as a species facing extinction in the next 100 years or so.

Also kudos for knowing how to properly eviscerate a bully. You don’t do it when they attack; that’s what they want I’ve found. You do it when they need it the most.

26 Likes

Greta’s just trying to upset dRumph; she knows he doesn’t have any friends, only people he uses and discards.

13 Likes

This has got me really thinking. If Thunberg had tweeted this at Trump immediately it would have been a super lame comeback. If it had been the next day it would have also been lame. If it had been a week later after Trump did something very angry in public it would have been alright but nothing to write home about. But at 11 months it is a very good one. I wonder if Thunberg specifically planned this, and has been waiting for it. “Not yet! Not yet!”

32 Likes

Twitter is full of petty, stupid shit .But that was a pretty good burn.

10 Likes

I really love this kid! :heart::heart_eyes::heart:

17 Likes

Right!? I hope she is an indicator of this rising generation.

12 Likes

Good for her - and damn good show, I say! Excellent timing.

6 Likes

Trumpy will be seething!

2 Likes

He’s not tweeting as much as I would expect. I can only imagine one of two scenarios.

1 - He’s a very old, sick man who just got over the most recent deadly disease the planet has hit us with. He is on a cocktail of experimental medicine that’s gotta be not good to keep taking. He did 5 rallies in one day, which is more ‘work’ than he’s done, ever. He’s exhausted and just lying in bed while Mike Pence sits nearby, pre-chewing his hamberder.

2 - There’s a series of aides running around with his phone while he yells and lashes out to give it back. They’re organized by Linsey Graham, who just so happened to know “a few athletic young men”.

14 Likes

Ooooh, I love this!
Timing the the most important thing for a good comeback.
Also you take your revenge when your enemy is the most vulnerable. This takes patience.
I wished I knew these things when I was 16. Kudos Greta!

12 Likes
17 Likes

18 Likes

He did 29 rallies in the week leading up to the election, including 14 in the last 3 days FFS. For being an old and very out of shape man, he must be on some serious uppers. No way anybody has that kind of stamina normally.

I’m just waiting for the tell alls from his soon to be discarded inner circle describing him getting B12 and amphetamine injections on AF1 in between stops.

13 Likes

Maybe it’s the steroids.

3 Likes