Photographer spills tea on nightmare photo shoot with RFK Jr: "My experience was at the top of the worst I’ve had professionally"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/25/photographer-spills-tea-on-nightmare-photo-shoot-with-rfk-jr-my-experience-was-at-the-top-of-the-worst-ive-had-professionally.html

8 Likes

It takes a special type of arsehole to elicit this kind of public comment from someone who regularly deals with entitled wealthy and/or famous people. I’m completely unsurprised that Jr. falls into that little club.

24 Likes

It’s surprising that the NDA allowed him to even say that he was there, and what kind of experience it was.

13 Likes

Even if the NDA forbids the photographer from sharing his story, it would probably hurt Kennedy more than it would help him if he took the photographer to court over it.

19 Likes

If he’s credited as the photographer then the NDA can’t prevent him from saying he was there. And ranking the photoshoot in his professional experience without going into the details of why is just stating a general opinion.

In the end, all this last-minute NDA did was allow people to speculate on how RFK Jr and his toadies were awful.

22 Likes

Treating the person who’s there to make you look your best like shit isn’t going to ensure pretty pictures.

18 Likes

Photographers are like snipers. They’ll sit and wait for that moment that’ll ruin your day, then take the shot.

15 Likes

the streisand effect would kick in HARD

2 Likes

But he’s a KENNEDY, which is basically royalty, so shouldn’t people in his presence just rejoice at being so close to such an important person!!! I mean, he’s clearly doing the guy a favor here, so… /s

3 Likes

Okay, he’s a wacko probably. Not cool. But recent polls show he’d take more votes from Trump than Biden. So… Go Kennedy?!

I have only ever played a lawyer’s assistant in a training video, no lines, but as I understand it most NDAs don’t hold much water when push comes to shove because they contain a lot of made-up crap that isn’t enforceable because it infringes rights people actually have.
Thing is, most people who are forced to sign NDA usually don’t have the resources to push back with enough force in the first place.

4 Likes

As a side note: anybody who makes pictures of RFK jr wearing a tinfoil hat should make said tinfoil hat in the shape of a dunce cap.

3 Likes

NDAs protect via threat of lawsuits and lawyer fees, not actually by protecting things from being disclosed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.