RFK Jr. apologizes to Trump after son Bobby leaks their unscientific vaccine phone conversation (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/16/rfk-jr-apologizes-to-trump-after-son-bobby-leaks-their-unscientific-vaccine-phone-conversation-video.html

6 Likes

OK there is an approximately zero percent chance Trump has ever witnessed any child receiving a vaccination, including his own children.

30 Likes

Is Bobby III a good person? Does decency and good judgment skip a generation in the Roberts Kennedy of the world, or is this a fluke?

11 Likes

“Kennedys against RFK Jr. for President” is a pretty substantial voting bloc in itself.

25 Likes

I believe I saw a comment elsewhere that B3 was motivated by Trump’s failure to pick his dad as VP.

19 Likes

Ugh. I’ll revise my hypothesis to suggest that BKs deteriorate with each successive scan, like a photocopy or Michael Keaton in Multiplicity.

12 Likes

If RFKjr is by RNC “masterminds” supposed to poach centrists/Biden voters then publicly bending a knee to trump sure seems …stupid. (“stupid!? RFKjr? how dare you sir!” “…well it was an unexpected “leak” weren’t it?”)

7 Likes

Okay so they’re both spouters of dangerous nonsense about vaccines, but why did Tromp call the worm-infested Kennedy in the first place?

11 Likes

“And you can see them start to change! Suddenly they get bigger and start crawling around, and then they are standing up and start to walk around awkwardly. I call it toddling. It’s sort of like a teeter, but more of a toddle.And then they get into everything, grabbing copies of Mein Kampf off your night stand. It’s horrible!”

14 Likes

15 Likes

Bobby Kennedy III’s wife, Amaryllis Fox Kennedy, is listed as RFK Jr.'s campaign manager. It isn’t unheard of that spouses are politically divided, but it is unusual when one of them is that deep into a campaign

9 Likes

I as going to say that the bombshell here is not that Trump has bizarro-land concepts about how vaccines work or what they do. It’s that both the contents of the recording and the subsequent apology by RFK Jr. are the clearest proof yet that RFK and Trump are in cahoots.

19 Likes

DJT: “You know it was an AR-15?”
DJT: “That’s a pretty big gun.”
DJT: “Those are tough guns, right?”
RFK: {stares blankly}

Trump seems oddly pleased with himself for being shot at by an AR-15. Like he would have been bummed if it was a 22.

8 Likes

Still a rabid anti-vaxxer, upset with Trump about Trump never having publicly backed RFK Jr despite sharing his views, has publicly announced that his deepest desire is to see Trump share a prison cell with Fauci.

So, no. Not really a good person at first glance.

6 Likes

As we say in my line of work: it doesn’t matter why a whistleblower comes forward. Only that the whistle is blown and the accusation is true.

14 Likes

Fairly certain he never put a bandaid on a kid or changed a diaper. There’s some quote from him that it would be ridiculous for a person like him to be seen pushing his kid in a stroller or taking them to the park. Outside of taking his daughter to a plastic surgeon to see if they could make her hotter, doubt he was the one visiting doctors with his offspring.

4 Likes

I’m sure that is appropriate for your line of work. People not so engaged are free to wonder at the motivations behind such a leak.

7 Likes

Absolutely, and we learn of all sorts of motivations: jilted lovers, passed over for promotion, fired from a job, sometimes even someone honestly wanting to do the right thing.

But that doesn’t invalidate the underlying crime or unethical behavior.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Why would he be apologizing to Biden?

Seriously, everyone is ignoring the fact that he referred to Trump in his apology not only as President Trump (something a lot of people do with former Presidents, although they really shouldn’t), but then referred to him as “the president”. This is even more evidence that RFK, Jr. is at least partly motivated by a desire to help Trump win. He’s an election denier, He didn’t say “former President Trump” or “the former President”. He said “the president”. I think it’s pretty clear he was thinking he was in the running to be named Trump’s running mate. And he’s probably still thinking he could have a role in Trump’s administration. And his son just torpedoed what miniscule chance of that there was. Trump will see this not only as a betrayal of confidence, but as an inability of RFK, Jr to control his own family, which Trump will see as weak.

9 Likes