Photos from the Body Farm

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/28/the-ants-crawl-in.html

6 Likes

“The Body Farm? The BODY FARM!? You told me you were going to take me some place nice this time.”

“What I thought you loved The Body Farm?”

“We go there every night. Take me some place special!”

17 Likes

That’s got’a smell nice on a hot day.

4 Likes

The Body Farm AKA the strip club by the municipal airport.

5 Likes

When Mr. Jilly and I were in grad school at the University of Tennessee, I was complaining that we didn’t have any money and never did anything fun. He suggested we drive out to the body farm there.

13 Likes

“You might be the King or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you’ll dance with the reaper”

7 Likes

I want to donate my body there after I die. No joke.

9 Likes

Zero stars. Will not visit again. The scented candles smell awful! Nothing like The Body Shop!

17 Likes

Mary Roach wrote about a visit there for her book Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. Basically the smell never leaves the clothes of the people who work there.

10 Likes

Do I recall correctly from that book that due to our modern diets, human bodies don’t decay at the same rate that they used to?

1 Like
4 Likes

yummy.

2 Likes

I was just thinking that (perhaps in the Scarfolk version) one would eventually expect something along the lines of, “This is the corpse of a man who ate nothing but vegan organic food his entire life, and this is the corpse of a man who ate meat and GMOs and Coca-Cola. Look at how dead they are!”

2 Likes

Sally Mann, What remains. Need I say more?

1 Like

Seriously, you can’t promote this work without acknowledging Sally Mann’s projects at the body farm. Poetry like hers shouldn’t be unrecognized or uncredited.

2 Likes

Ewww.

6 Likes

I do believe those to be near-infrared photographs.

I agree. her hair is a MESS.

the lying person though. I see a great career in modeling. who said “nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”? some model? or designer?

1 Like

(Edit: Kate Moss)

2 Likes

Me too!