Photos recreate favorite meals of famous artists and writers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/14/photos-recreate-favorite-meals.html

4 Likes

Not pictured: Salvador Dali’s favorite meal. Thank god.

5 Likes

That was Alfred Jarry’s lobster, on fire.

3 Likes

Kind of like ‘what is in your trunk’ right?

1 Like

My trunk?
Junk, only a bunch of junk.

2 Likes

She forgot the benzedrine to go along with Kerouac’s pie.

2 Likes

I love me a big saucer of sugar

1 Like

331b7d3833ab4c16266018863845e6aa

2 Likes

I think my favorite meal would be similar to most condemned prisoner’s last meals: roast chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, ice cream and/or pie, but I have to admit a basic breakfast of a good hearty bagel with plain cream cheese and a decent cup of coffee might be the most enjoyable part of my day.

1 Like

What, no Elvis-style fried banana sandwich?

Grilled cheeze made with wonderbread, margarine and velveeta. Cut in half. Huy fong sriracha on one half.

3 Likes

Yum. Georgia O’Keefe’s chili verde with an egg and garlic oil looks particularly good.

2 Likes

If it’s writers, where’s all the booze?

“I like to eat breakfast alone, and almost never before noon; anybody with a terminally jangled lifestyle needs at least one psychic anchor every twenty four hours, and mine is breakfast. In Hong Kong, Dallas, or at home—and regardless of whether or not I have been to bed—breakfast is a personal ritual that can only be properly observed alone, and in a spirit of genuine excess. The food factor should always be massive: Four bloody Marys, two grapefruits, a pot of coffee, Rangoon crêpes, a half-pound of either sausage, bacon, or corned beef-hash with diced chilies, a Spanish omelette or eggs Benedict, a quart of milk, a chopped lemon for random seasoning, and something like a slice of Key lime pie, two margaritas, and six lines of the best cocaine for dessert… Right, and there should also be two or three newspapers, all mail and messages, a telephone, a notebook for planning the next twenty four hours, and at least one source of good music… All of which should be dealt with outside, in the warmth of the hot sun, and preferably stone naked.”

1 Like

Magritte’s neither.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.