Pickup truck driver wants you to "Rember Perl Horber"

'shopped

He probably mis-spelled it so when you go to correct him, he can go into his rant.

2 Likes

Nice ā€œSound of thunderā€ reference!

1 Like

Hah, I thought the same at firstā€¦

Hillbillies really resent it when we city folk make fun of them, but they make it so fucking easy.

5 Likes

Did someone finally update the Horber package!? Is it on CPAN yet?

4 Likes

Possibly but numerous photos from different sources have been posted on various sites on the web.

3 Likes

Just a reminder that parts of the PacNorWest still have a problem with Asians. In college I had a math prof. of Chinese descent who kept a scorecard of how many times heā€™d get pulled over ā€œrandomlyā€ by Oregon cops when crossing the border from California. They never stopped him when he was driving south.

8 Likes

In EVERY SINGLE ELECTION. Make sure you (the collective ā€œyouā€) get out there too, please.

8 Likes

Well the prices they have on rental cars are reasonable so yes please remember them the next time you travel!

2 Likes

Damn right

That is evilā€¦I like it.

6 Likes

Iā€™m willing to bet $20 that this is in a Walmart parking lot, too.

1 Like

Yeah, honestly that got me nearly as much as the spelling. I wonā€™t even get started on the kerning ā€¦ well, OK, Iā€™ll get started on it, but thatā€™s all. One of my partners looked at the picture and had to ask if there were any words spelled correctly. Iā€™ll grant that if you allow ā€œHE LLā€ and other attempts as actual words, then they managed to spell 4/9ths of them words correctly.

I much prefer PHP myself, although Perl has its uses!

7 Likes

Never forget The Alaimo.

13 Likes

I have the real answerā€¦

This dude with the pickup truck only bought one package of sticky letters, and it only came with one little letter ā€œA,ā€ only four big letter "E"s, and only one little and one big letter ā€œM,ā€ so he improvised.

Heā€™s not really a moran. Heā€™s actually playing 28-level interdimensional chess.

6 Likes

Do you mean MARC Alaimo (aka, Gul Dukat from DS9)?

[ETA! DAMNIT, @SpunkyTWS, you beat me to it!!!]

8 Likes

With apologies to Mark Twain:

It is better to leave your car unlettered and let people think you are a fool than to misspell stuff on it and remove all doubt.

17 Likes

Seems straightforwards to me. He wants this Horber, no doubt some friend of his, to remember to use Perl for his scripting needs. The silly blighter obviously keeps using Javascript or something inappropriate. Yep, Iā€™m sure thatā€™s what it means.

3 Likes

Insufficiently evil. You tie the shopping cart to the passenger side door - that makes it more likely theyā€™ll be unaware itā€™s attached until they try to drive away. On the driverā€™s side, they just have to snip/saw it off before they get in the car (and thatā€™s easily done with some house keys, I find, assuming one doesnā€™t have a pocket knife).

6 Likes