Pilot recorded delivering a crazy, curse-filled rant against the Bay Area

Originally published at: Pilot recorded delivering a crazy, curse-filled rant against the Bay Area | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I know that Hyundais are them thar furrin cars, but is there something in Know-Nothing culture that would make this particular follower single out the brand over others?

I really hope the FAA fines or disciplines him. MAGAts and airplanes aren’t a great mix.

13 Likes

I mean seriously; he could have at least said Priuses or something.

/hugs my Prius

20 Likes

Racist Bigots can fly? Wow…

7 Likes

upon seeing the title I was like ‘oh man there’s a lot people could be mad at the bay area for’ and then it was just…‘YALL NEED TO BE ROLLIN COAL’. Color me surprised.

16 Likes

I had to look up what rollin coal even ment. I’m still not sure what it’s supposed to indicate in the context z but the practice described when I duckducked this seems to me, the most American thing I read in a couple of days. Or longer.

German TÜV would be fuming.

11 Likes

Got to justify the unjustifiable pollution from burning aviation fuel.

6 Likes

And as everyone knows highway traffic goes much faster when you fill the roads with giant pollution-belching trucks and SUVs instead of fuel-efficient compact cars. That’s just transportation engineering 101.

19 Likes

You don’t have balls unless you’re f—king rolling coal, man, goddamn it.

To complaints like these, I often reply:

“And what are you going to do about it?”

And then, more specifically:

“Stick some balls on me and shove a coal roller under them?”

I don’t want to stigmatize these people, butt…

4 Likes

One of the things I associate with insecure masculinity is a big truck that is very clean and either driving fast or parked poorly.

4 Likes

Apparently having balls is a real priority for him.

I’m not paying you for your opinion. STFU and fly.

3 Likes

probably driving around in f—king Hyundais,

What’s wrong with Hyundais? I had an Elantra and it was really nice!

3 Likes

Just yesterday I saw a moderately decrepit Hyundai sedan with two bumper stickers: Hillary For Prison, and Infowars.

It seemed a bit incongruous to me, because apart from the ‘foreign’ question, even this crazy hippie with more bikes than cars, who takes pride in loading up* a Mazda wagon at Tractor Supply while our V8 pickup truck stays home providing shade for the ducks, looks at that car and says, “Dude, there are things in our nightstand with more torque than that!”

*I am very careful of both total weight and load distribution, and use good quality tires rated for heavier loads.

Have never owned one, but worked for a commercial AV company that switched to them as company vehicles. They rock. After having to drive one from NC to Indiana and back (i.e., through the West Virginia mountains) on a work trip, I always try to get one when I rent a car. A joy to drive, and nearly as much cargo capacity as a Tardis. Pretty good gas mileage, too.

5 Likes

That rant is so stereotypical I’d be suspicious of it being delivered ironically, like a David Cross bit.

3 Likes

First as a mechanic, calm down there fly boy we don’t let you under the wing for a good reason. Guessing his shop wont let him touch his POS rolling coal shit box either.

Second if this pilot works for an airline he might want to remember were all collecting government paychecks under the airline relief bills. Just like the rest of the workers at his airline are. I know some real communist stuff there.

9 Likes

Pogo

11 Likes

The gop is so obsessed with CA that their arguments don’t even make sense.

2 Likes

I think Hyundai and Kia may be particularly singled out for scorn since they are 1) relatively recent additions to the American auto scene* 2) Korean, instead of the Japanese cars that they grudgingly have come to accept 3) some of the less expensive options = cheap = unworthy

*OMG, it’s been 35 years since Hyundai started being sold in USA. The first Hyundais sold here were purported to be so cheaply made that if you locked yourself out you could just pull the door off.

4 Likes

If you’ve got a catapult, every single one.

11 Likes