Pinky and the Brain theme song done by Postmodern Jukebox

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/29/pinky-and-the-brain-theme-song.html

7 Likes

16 Likes

Brilliant! Love the collage mix seeping it’s way into jazz.

I really liked their cover of All About That Bass

Oh, I almost forgot…

tumblr_f366c5b017b214bfdffc522d4d37d303_462533c2_400

10 Likes

Even at 2x playback this is too slow.

2 Likes

depeche-mode-just-cant-dave-dance

6 Likes

my personal favorite was always “I think so Brain, but when they are that small isn’t it called a gherkin?”

6 Likes

Huh, I thought I had found this group (and song) through BB previously, but I guess it must have been through random Youtube wanderings of jazz covers of punk songs.

I appreciate their breadth of material, though - e.g.

7 Likes

Yeah, I was just going through their stuff, and it’s all pretty amazing. So many different styles and ways of turning familiar tunes into something new and wonderful. They have a truly amazing version of Creep. But so far my favorite is this one. Playful and fun and a great singer. And one of my favorite 80’s bands.

5 Likes

Hey, do you remember that thing? Do you? Do you remember? DO YOU REMEMBER

1 Like

In a similar vein, may I recommend Richard Cheese?

I find myself rather enamored with his cover of “Insane in the Brain” lately. (There were far too many mornings on the school bus 20+ years ago when I was obliged to listen to the original.)

4 Likes

Thanks, that just took me down a 20 minute rabbit hole and I enjoyed every minute of it!

2 Likes

I hope this will be our generations version of elevator music.

2 Likes

I got home last night and pulled this up, and was lost for an hour and a half. They have a ton of these videos, and I love how most of them tell you the song title, plus the musical style they’ve re-arranged it in, and the singer’s name. And what singers! Did you catch the one who also plays trumpet? She’s like… amazing at trumpet, too!

3 Likes

Yeah, they did All About That Bass when we saw them live earlier this year… was a really fun (but a little short) show.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.