Pirate Weather API has more features

Originally published at: Pirate Weather API has more features | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Thanks Rob. Here’s hoping somebody does something awesome with it. Just this morning I was cursing at Apple’s crappy regurgitated Dark Sky assimilation. Ugh.

There’s always Windy.

2 Likes

Great, hopefully some good plugins and apps will be along shortly.

Thanks, this is excellent information! I was really bummed out about the demise of Dark Sky, because I really liked the format. Merrysky is exactly what I wanted, although it looks like it lacks the brilliant by-the-minute radar-image prediction.

2 Likes

Hello,

I’ve been using https://wttr.in/ for getting weather information when I need a low-bandwidth version of the weather. It was mentioned on Boing Boing a while ago: ASCII weather page | Boing Boing

1 Like

Hey- I’m the developer behind this, so pretty excited to see it featured! It was a fascinating project to put together, and I’m really happy people are finding it useful. If anyone has any comments/ suggestions/ issues, please feel free to reach out to me at api@alexanderrey.ca

14 Likes

Environment Canada, always going for the overkill. They replaced a perfectly good weather radar display with a slow-loading awkward monster that’s shit on a phone.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.