Pixar's 15 movies ranked

I was just wondering why Wreck-it Ralph didn’t make it on the list and then I did some digging and learned that it was a Disney film, not a Pixar one. But, really, what’s the difference?

Pixar remains its own studio, but it is true & significant that several Pixar producer types work on Disney Animation productions.

Many of those Disney flicks are good. I found Tangled, Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, even Bolt very enjoyable.

1 Like

Sorry, Antz is the one Dreamworks movie way better than the competing Pixar movie.

That is 100%, far and away their best movie. About halfway through the movie, Patton Oswalt’s midwest accent started getting to me, and I thought to myself, “I wish I could have found a screening in the original French with subtitles…” and then I caught myself.

Cars would have been a pretty mediocre movie even if it hadn’t had terrible timing: creating a saccharine fairytale about one of the worst parts of our culture. Not stock car racing, mind you, that’s just sad. Rather fakey good-time Mayberry '50s nostalgia mixed with completely unthinking car worship at a time when every decent person in America felt helpless and depressed about the ascendancy of insular reactionary fake patriotism and irresponsibility. If you were going to do that movie with a shred of honesty, the characters should have smoked brand cigarettes.

The beginning of Up is tough and amazing, once the house lifts off it all goes to shit with utterly tedious movie clichés. The dogs are kind of cute. The rest is utterly forgettable. And, remarkably, some of the most pointless and flat 3D I’ve ever seen in a movie.

Going through this list, so many times I was like “wait, how was that movie so low in the list?” - but I’d say I probably said that to myself about 10 times. I would fail utterly to rank the Pixar movies, so I won’t even bother trying. Though I must say that Cars, Toy Story 3 and Finding Nemo will forever be in my top 3 just because I watched all three of them dozens of times with my son when he was smaller, so they are forever linked to those happy memories.

Meet the Robinsons is highly underrated. I will mention this whenever I have the chance.

2 Likes

Yes.

Some nice twists, and I wish more folks had seen it if only so I could use that “someone didn’t think this through” running gag line and have people get the joke.

It’s also kind of like a trial run of Tomorrowland, but I prefer the cartoon.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.