“Pixels” movie a sexist pile of crap

Yeah, I know. Still, I always feel a little disappointed when an actor I like is in a bad movie…

3 Likes

I don’t have feelings.
Also I am not a man.
Also I am an alien.

I am a Ghost… In a Shell!

7 Likes

Can I say that I am glad my kid looked this up on Rotten Tomatoes first and convinced his friend they should see Ant-Man instead. Doubly so now that I see it is has Adam Sandler.

10 Likes

It is disappointing–Happy Gilmore is one of my guilty pleasures. But now? Couldn’t pay me to see one of his films.

5 Likes

A few months ago I read the early drafts of the movie on Wikileaks in their Sony database (long story). At one point they where trying to get Taylor Swift and Britney Spears to be the trophies.

6 Likes

Your kid is awesome-sauce!

10 Likes

A veritable Qliphothic wonderland!

1 Like

Yeah. I lobbied hard for his friend to save his gift card and I would take them to see Mad Max as it is now at the $3 theater but he was not interested. What kind of 13 year old boy does not wanna see Mad Max? Kids these days, yeesh.

19 Likes

I mean, how many terrible movies does a “star” like Adam Sandler have to make before studios are unwilling to keep giving him money?

Answer: Irrelevant, if the terrible movies in question turn a profit.

14 Likes

I found Punch Drunk Love genuinely endearing and entertaining and a large part of that was Sandler. But then, at the time of the film’s release, I think The Onion nailed why it would be an aberration in Sandler’s career.

LOS ANGELES—Adam Sandler fans across the nation expressed deep disappointment in the new film Punch-Drunk Love, which features an intelligent, nuanced lead performance by the comedian. “He didn’t even do his funny high-pitched ‘retardo guy’ voice,” said college student Bradley Sanderson, 19, after seeing the critically lauded film Tuesday. “And what was with all that textured, multi-dimensional character-development shit?” Similarly let down was fan Bob Trotta: “I didn’t pay $9 to see Adam Sandler wrestle with some psychological crisis. He could have at least put a trash-can lid on his head and gone, ‘I’m Crazy Trash Head! Gimme some candy!’ How hard would that have been?”

27 Likes

I liked Punch Drunk Love. But it’s worth noting that what Sandler brought to the role was to be an angry man-child, just played straighter than in his other films.

6 Likes

Wait, Wasn’t all this a given by the fact it is a live action movie staring Adam Sandler?

5 Likes

Also his small (no pun intended) appearance in Elf.

Which this movie almost certainly will do, after making 84 million worldwide this weekendsource.

It’s a pity - when I first saw bits of the trailer for this movie, I liked the premise… Then I saw it was an Adam Sandler vehicle and knew it would be a piece of garbage. Might still find a way to watch it down the road that doesn’t return any cash to the people that made it, simply out of curiosity, but I’m pretty sure this movie will fall squarely into the “so bad it’s bad” category, as opposed to fun “so bad it’s good” movies like Pacific Rim.

6 Likes

That whooshing sound you heard was the point flying over your head.

7 Likes

I love that Dinklage is respected enough as an actor now that Hollywood is giving him roles that have nothing to do with his size. The character he played in X-Men: Days of Future Past is probably the first example I’ve seen of a Little Person playing a character that could have just as easily been depicted as a person of average height (and was actually drawn that way in the comics). Nobody in the movie even brought it up because why would they?

19 Likes

"When Caine was asked about this movie in an interview, he answered, ‘I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.’ "

17 Likes

I enjoyed this ranty review of the movie.

4 Likes

Worse yet, most arcades no longer accept tokens, and just take regular quarters, instead.

8 Likes

What do you care? This is a movie about videogames, not cooking or romance!

7 Likes

As they say, Money, Dear Boy

1 Like