Pizzeria adds chairs to go with that little plastic table

absolutely mindless to support this. let’s ban plastic straws but encourage useless plastic chairs. hee hee hee, they are tiny.

6 Likes

If you are not in their delivery zone but do have access to a 3D printer, you can create your own tiny pizza chairs.

Adorable! But I can’t seem to find a 3D model to download and print from that link; just an opportunity to order an already printed one for $9.99…did I just miss it?

imagehttps://i.gifer.com/XJ7Y.gif

13 Likes

I blame globalism!

And plastic straws are very useful for some people with spécial necessities.

Make me one with everything!

2 Likes

Maybe they started out with clam chowdah pizza.:wink:

I think that was part of the idea. If you call yourself “New York Pizza” then everyone is comparing you to pizzerias in New York. But if you call yourself Boston Pizza you still get that US East Coast vibe, but you’re not going to be inauthentic because there’s no authentic Boston pizza to compete against.

1 Like

It’s an awesome idea, I might just go for some BPs, but are those chairs really 3d printed? One look at them and all I can think is “overhang”.

Trust me, Regina’s relies on Garden events and being a tourist trap for business. I live around the corner (okay, two corners, but as the bird flies, really, really close. Although I have friends that work there, I have to say the pizza is not as good as it used to be. Too much oil and the crust is often burnt. Locals order from Ernesto’s now.

I want the full scale version of this!

Hmm those chairs are tall enough to get knocked down in a real pizza box. I suppose the delivery guy could open the box and assemble the set live but that kinda defeats the joke.

On the bright side I finally can understand why people need 3D printers.

2 Likes

So… which are these places?

I do not order much pizza, but I may do so more for a place like that.

That’s the way the good places in Montreal did it. I did find a place in Toronto that did it, but that was a while ago. Probably not pizza chains; they’ll have calculated that the plastic is cheaper.

A) There’s a name for that chair!
B) Upon looking it up on Wikipedia I have immediately learned that it was designed by a Canadian. This story keeps on giving!

4 Likes

Oh, well, the Regina’s at the Liberty Tree Mall is still going strong, even as the rest of the food court has died off. They had a special fried eggplant and riccotta pizza for a while that was heavenly.

Sals is my second choice for Boston-area pizza. I don’t like those “House of Pizza” Greek joints with the pastry crusts and 1/4 inch of greasy cheese.

This makes me so happy. As a kid we took those “tables” and played with them all the time.

1 Like

Needs a mini checkerboard tablecloth. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Coming right up, Mr. Lama.

1 Like

They are in 3d,and they are printed so we can say that they are 3d printed.
They also put some blockchain for proper buzzword compliance. Maybe I should register “Pizza blockchain” as trademark.

1 Like