Plan to buy ventilators suspended because the Trump administration thinks it's a waste of money

Respectfully, then maybe don’t?

1. There’s NO indication he understands the situation well enough to have based his decision on this. ZERO. It’s all based on his infallible gut.

“You know, you go into major hospitals sometimes and they’ll have two ventilators. Now all of a sudden they’re saying, ‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’"

1. Correct, it WILL be the limiting factor; but there will absolutely be a period before then where we have trained people and no equipment. Some hospitals are there already, and are resorting to the “multiple patients on a single ventilator technique.”
    https://twitter.com/brianmrosenthal/status/1243542604031102976
9 Likes

This motherfucker thinks that treatment should only
go to his supporters.

That’s bad.

What is infinitely worse is that he doesn’t see
anything wrong with thinking that and would
probably tell the world that in so many words.

I fear that the world is coming apart.

15 Likes

29 Likes

Is the Hauge nomination process online or do I have to submit a paper nomination?

11 Likes

Now he wants a bigly yuge number of ventilators immediately.

11 Likes

He’s already demanded tribute from Cuomo and Whitmer.

9 Likes

it’s already been established that “what’s good for GM is good for America”

5 Likes

Corona-round the rosie,
A White House full of poseurs,
Assholes! Assholes!
We all fall down.

22 Likes

I’ve always said that the worst part of being an atheist is that I don’t have the comfort of believing that people like Dick Cheney and Donald Trump will spend eternity burning in Hell.

15 Likes

That’s interesting, isn’t it. Imagine a situation where every decision for Trump had been reduced to yes or no, and he had made the choice by flipping a coin. We would still probably be better off than what we have now. What does it mean that Trump infallibly manages to do the wrong thing in every situation? Doesn’t that suggest genuine malice, rather than mere incompetence?

17 Likes

Maybe? Sure. It is an easy, specific moment to point too.

But what is clear is that the man spent his entire life trying to buy his way into the most elite circles of New York Society. His inferiority complex is well documented going back well before 2011.

7 Likes

Yep, a waste of money for something that just sits around not being used. Just like the NSC pandemic preparedness office.

7 Likes

Whatever happened to
How did we mobilize during the 1918 flu pandemic, and why aren’t we making the same push now?

5 Likes
17 Likes

Wait a minute. This is Trump. Why doesn’t he just order them and then refuse to pay the bill?

10 Likes

Trump’s new approach, rather than do anything about it: just complain about it! (Bonus: he contradicts a previous statement he made, because of course.)

Well, he wants to give the appearance that he’s doing something about the situation, while all he actually does is just complain.

It is, it really is. In almost every situation (especially if he can’t react by firing someone).

Well, given that he should have ordered these back when the briefing was made in January about the coming situation, yeah, he’s a little late… They’re already letting people die because of a lack of equipment.

I’ve often said that a dog would make a better president than Trump. This is proof.

This particular crisis has made it clear that all of Trump’s personality defects and cognitive issues (i.e. being an idiot, petty sociopath) cause him to do the wrong things consistently. All his instincts, all his standard approaches (that he can’t work outside of), they all cause him to do the opposite of what he should do at every stage in this situation.

18 Likes

valdyvladich

Why not both, just coming from two different sources?

8 Likes

Yeah, but Obama was mild compared to what Seth Meyer did to him

Trump explained to Sean Hannity that he just doesn’t think the numbers feel right.

Trump told Hannity: “I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You go into major hospitals sometimes, and they’ll have two ventilators. And now all of a sudden they’re saying, ‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’”

Gee, I wonder why hospitals have an increased need for ventilators “all of a sudden.”

20 Likes

In the story I read, it was nixed because they were afraid that they would over-buy.
How terrible would that be, to have a surplus of ventilators if anything like this should happen again, (and it will) or to be able to provide them to other places in need?

16 Likes