Plantation removes racist Juneteenth celebration advertisement, cancels event

The Yankees are comin’!!!

9 Likes

That GIF is both awesome, but also incredibly annoying as the belt is animated going backwards… :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

“What if we combine the worst things about Gone with the Wind and Ren Faire together in one place?”

24 Likes

“White refugees have been displaced and have a story to tell as well,”

2-Jerry-Maguire-quotes

31 Likes

white tears GIF by Center for Story-based Strategy

28 Likes

Since we’re talking about white supremacists here maybe the term should be “from can-see to not-see.”

15 Likes

Needs a visit from Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
General Sherman.

13 Likes

I wanna know who’s playing the “freedmen”?

3 Likes

In Sherman’s March (1986), someone whose family owns property that had been a plantation recounts the tradition passed down regarding pre-War way of life there. Supposedly, their family treated their slaves well and gave them fair treatment [whatever that could possibly mean, given that they were, nevertheless, slaves]. Additionally, they feel the need to point out that another tradition holds that their neighbors — conspiratorially gestures over there to the adjoining property — were notorious county-wide for their cruelty towards their slaves.

However, I have no doubt that those neighbors, when questioned, will themselves recount a similar family tradition, professing that they are the “good” plantation and its their neighbors (the original plantation, or a third one, it doesnt matter) who were the actual, “bad” plantation.

Thus, everyone admits there was unspeakable cruelty, but everyone wants to assert innocence while at the same time casting blame at everyone else. And they don’t seem to be at all bothered by the obvious and inherent paradoxical contradictions of these assertions.

22 Likes

Gross. Just gross.

9 Likes

Oh thank god they’re finally letting the white people tell their stories. For too long they’ve been silenced! Won’t someone think of the poor enslavers, forced to now live without enslaving anyone! Oh, the hardship!

(Jesus, leaving aside the ahistorical implied narrative here that Black people finally got to take control of the homes they built and the land they tended, which would have been right but didn’t happen, and that the refugees of the war were rich land owners, rather than the reality, which is that they were Black people forced to endure yet another hardship, leaving aside the use of Black culture to refer to white enslavers - the whole thing is so, so gross. Come to our event - you’ll be insulted and misinformed!)

22 Likes

I’ve tried to find one animated going the right direction with no luck. Whoever originally made the gif must’ve left that one flaw in to keep it from being pure perfection.

6 Likes

then?

1 Like

I think Not-see is slightly more current phrasing here.

4 Likes

Better?

ezgif-4-7a23a19b5dff

19 Likes

Cancel culture!

/s

Relevant:

8 Likes

4 Likes

Over It Eye Roll GIF

6 Likes

It must be because E3 is going on right now, with all the video game news, but when I first saw the headline of this post, I thought it said Playstation instead of Plantation.

I was like, what the hell is Sony up to now… :confounded:

3 Likes

19 Likes