Plastic cup enables you to drink without obstructing your vision

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/01/plastic-cup-enables-you-to-dri.html

2 Likes

This is something that Idiocracy could have used at Monday Night Rehabilitation.

7 Likes

When you’re concerned about tiny bits of disposable plastic and don’t want to carry around a reusable straw.

4 Likes

finally, a use for

ICUP

4 Likes

When will it be in the BoingBoing store?

27 Likes

Vital for the Operational Operator Operating Operationally who has to be able to carry out his plan to kill everyone in the room at any moment.

The first special forces selection was recorded in the bible when Gideon took his men to drink from a stream. Those who remained alert, scooping water with their hands rather than kneeling to drink were chosen for an elite unit.

This is a game changer.

8 Likes

Nose compartment is too small for my honker.

2 Likes

But will it fit in my pocket?

7 Likes

I have a better solution — don’t watch Nascar.

7 Likes

None of them had a canteen or gourd? Pffft!

Some empire with an anal-retentive professional military could teach them a few things!

With an accessory, it becomes the Binoculup.

6 Likes

61C0elmUM3L.SX425

4 Likes

My wife was very confused by the utility of this for NASCAR.

I managed to explain it: If you look away for a second, you might miss a crash.

7 Likes

Straw.

Man!

1 Like

Looks like they’d tessellate the plane…

2 Likes

5 Likes

Why not just make the cross-section hemispherical?

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea - for drinking on the road. Yes often times we sip through straws, but for the times we are using a cup or mug type beverage holder, this would help make sure our eyes ever leave the road, vs the second it takes to get a drink.

This design is probably a little more stable. A hemisphere is really easy to knock over if you hit it opposite the straight edge.

Mostly because it’s a gimmick that gets free news coverage though.

1 Like