This cereal sippy cup mixes in the milk as you drink it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/23/this-cereal-sippy-cup-mixes-in.html

3 Likes

Is this a leftover item from the Design Horrors page?

16 Likes

No.         

2 Likes

This totally defeats the purpose of letting your Cap’n Crunch cereals become soggy in milk to save your gums from certain destruction.

17 Likes

By agreeing to this end-user contract CrunchCup™, and its parent corporation Nordyne Defense Dynamics, is absolved from any litigation involving: choking, airway blockage, and nasal fruit-loop stenosis (NFS).

8 Likes

I’ll pass. I can still operate a spoon!

8 Likes

I have this thing called a “bowl.”

7 Likes

I’ll know when I’ve made it because I’ll have a shelf specifically for all the various cups.

• insulated stainless cup
  • snacks cup
  • self-stirring cup
  • regular filtered cup
  • survival filter cup
  • coffee press cup
  • collapsing cup
  • tea infuser cup
  • usb heated cup
  • ice-pack core cup
  • cereal and milk cup
7 Likes

I like the cool confidence of the lad in that last photo who already knows he’s got it made with his new girlfriend because they are carrying matching cereal cups to hork down their breakfast on the way to school.

6 Likes

EEEWWWW!!! Milk on cereal! What kind of perverts would adulterate perfectly good cereal like that? Yuck.

1 Like

As a designer friends of mine said “People… they buy this crap”

HOW MUCH PLASTIC CRAP ARE YOU AT BOINGBOING GONNA HAWK TO PAY YOUR BILLS?

Sheesh!

2 Likes

I’m sure you could put, I dunno, vodka in there instead.

4 Likes

Paging Neal Stephenson…

3 Likes

Since this isn’t a store post, I don’t think they are “hawking it to pay the bills”. The link to the pre-order page seems clear. I’m guessing this is just something weird being brought to the attention of readers that may enjoy it.

I’m not a person who wants to eat cereal the moment it meets the milk, however. I’m with @knoxblox on that. My gums and the roof of my mouth shriek at the thought.

So I’ll use my $25 on something else.

4 Likes
  • cups just for when Anna Kendrick stops by to do the song

O! mai.gawd!..Becky!
This is the most pathetically first world thing I’ve ever seen.

First, first of all, the word ‘gulp’, heck no!
First of all, adults using anything that resembles a sippy cup? Hard pass from me, yes, that includes disposable coffee cups with a lid like that, too. (Maybe don’t use disposable coffee cups at all while you’re at it)
Then, you wanna eat cereal in your car, or while power walking or some shit? Have you tried not? You can eat ceral out of a bowl at virtually any other time! I know, imagine when we first found out!
Lastly, is this virtue signalling? Yes, yes it is. I want you to feel bad about liking /sippy cup/ ‘crunchyboi-whatever’

1 Like

Milk on cereal is good. Heavy cream on cereal is worth getting heart disease.

• tactical kevlar cup (now 70% off in the BB store!)
1 Like

There’s delivering cereal + milk to your mouth with a spoon. Then there’s a delivery method that involves tipping back a receptacle – and your head – to get the stuff into your mouth. Which one has the greater chance of getting the stuff down the wrong pipe?

the other day I was actually thinking how WEIRD cereal is… I mean… what other food do we eat cold floating in a liquid… and I looked up how the thing was invented. Apparently the first breakfast cereal was this dried out stuff that was so hard it had to be soaked overnight in milk just to make it edible. It was like the breakfast version of hardtack. I feel like Grape nuts are almost like that. They require a bit of a soak if you don’t wanna chip a tooth. this invention is no good for these things. ha.

2 Likes