Play Townscaper in the browser

Originally published at: Play Townscaper in the browser | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I love Townscaper!! The worst thing that can happen in this builder is scaring birds from a roof, but they come back!

It’s the most Zen builder out there, the vibe is lovely.

6 Likes

It’s all fun and games until the crabe gets too old.

4 Likes

I’d like to take the opportunity to add an enthusiastic recommendation for Dorfromantik which is part of the Steam bundle mentioned above. I bought it about six months ago based on a friend’s recommendation and it’s been a joy to play ever since.

7 Likes

I own every one of the games in that bundle, and every one is a joy. Lovely sounds, great art (the colours!), and good “feel”. Especially the plunk of putting down new buildings in Townscaper, although tile placement in Dorfromantik is a very close second.

4 Likes

I like it. Can I rotate the view in the demo? I am guessing no.

Good news! You can rotate the view.

In the browser demo? If so, how? I assume the full game has more options/controls.

In the demo, yes. Click, hold, and drag your cursor.

3 Likes

Ohhh - got it. Thanks!

1 Like

I have spent hours on this tonight, brilliant, simple and peaceful - thank you for the recommendation.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Hey, if Townscaper appeals to you, you might dig this bundle: World Land Trust Bundle by KrisWB and 55 others - itch.io

If includes Cloud Garden, which is in the aforementioned bundle, and also Quiet as a Stone, which is like if Townscaper and Samorost had a world-building baby. Raising money for World Land Trust.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.