Playboy founder Hugh Hefner was a rapist

Originally published at: Playboy founder Hugh Hefner was a rapist | Boing Boing

12 Likes

In before a bunch of dudes show up to defend this asshole…

50 Likes

“Founder of A Business Based on Exploiting Women Was Also Exploiting Women.”

Huh. Whoda thunk it?

69 Likes

“Playboy founder Hugh Hefner was a rapist”

50 Likes

55 Likes

He seemed like such a feminist… /s

39 Likes

37 Likes

Yeah I guess this is one of those revelations that would have seemed self-evident if I’d had any occasion whatsoever to think about Hugh Hefner in the last 15 years or so.

31 Likes

:fearful:

In one Thursday night tradition known as “Pig Night”, sex workers (“pigs”) would allegedly be examined by a doctor and then be used for sex by Hefner’s VIP friends.

A former executive assistant to Hefner said he kept a stockpile of Quaalude sedatives that he called “leg-
spreaders”.

:rage:

23 Likes

Shocked Futurama GIF

What really pissed me off was when he died plenty of my male friends on social media were lamenting the death of such a great guy purely because… well… he’s the playboy guy. Not that i had proof back then but i was pretty certain that he must’ve been a piece of shit and its good to have confirmation that was always the case

31 Likes

Some males on this site did that very same thing.

25 Likes

But women posing naked for male edification is EMPOWERING… /s

Ugh…

25 Likes

Amazing that someone who made money taking out all of the complex, aggravating, frustrating, uplifting, and sublime dimensionality to human sexuality into an emotion-free commodity might, himself, begin to treat people as product, devoid of any value save to be consumed.

22 Likes

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

16 Likes

No doubt, hope they reexamine who they look up to and why. Sex is cool but not when its wrapped in toxic masculine bullshit, and that it took this long for things to come to light is infuriating though i’m sure many people worked to put this under wraps over the decades

14 Likes

Narrator:
"They won’t."

27 Likes

I mean, right? So respectful of women as people and conscious of power differentials.

20 Likes

I think about how he bought the grave plot next to Marilyn Monroe’s so he could assert a sense of ownership over her image and sexuality even in death. She was ideal for this purpose since she died before she had a chance to age past her mid-thirties.

So much yuck.

28 Likes

This and the “Lou Reed was a prick” article are two of today’s news items that came as no surprise.

On a side note, that wax figure is pretty impressive. Creepy, but impressive.

8 Likes

If someone told me he wasn’t I wouldn’t believe it. This guy was openly living in a harem. The weirdest part is that a significant number of people thought it was a good idea to go hang out there.

7 Likes