Playboy settles model's backside golf-injury lawsuit

getting hit in the but with a gold club can’t be any fun. i bet she was really teed off!

4 Likes

so that would make yours the Ferrari; I mean, given the sentence order and all.

3 Likes

Sure. But a bruised butt will last what… a couple of weeks? And makeup can cover that as well. Unless I missed some mention of permanent damage, that number seems extremely high. It seems like an arbitrarily high number, aimed at getting a more reasonable settlement.

Mine is a BMW Z8…

1 Like

I guess if I had to compare my butt to a car it would probably be more like this:

11 Likes

Hah! FRIST to say that this is an actual clbuttic mistake!

1 Like

But where is that number from? It’s not in any of the linked articles is it?

From the linked article: “According to the court proceeding, some of Dickson’s wounds on buttock and back are permanent.” If there is permanent nerve damage, that changes things.

What does seem odd to me is the claim for “worrying and anxiety”. Will she be constantly looking over her shoulder for men carrying golf clubs in the future? “Oh, no! Not again!”

4 Likes

It’s a settlement, not a judgement.

A couple possibilities:

1. She might well have been pressured into it. I have no real idea what life as a Playboy model is like, but I don’t imagine it involves a whole lot of empowerment and respect in the workplace. Fine if that’s what you want, but we don’t know about the dark corners of that particular ‘workplace’.

2. There could well be nerve damage or other awfulness which is overshadowed by the prurient ‘it’s a butt’ factor.

7 Likes

The golfer should have been standing on a platform that was the same height as the model’s backside, so that his swing wouldn’t have gone too low.

5 Likes

Awfully technical but yeah, I thought basically the same thing. Maybe he could have stood on the muscular butt of a male model?

1 Like

A male model who’s into shoes and humiliation, natch.

2 Likes

Just as a comparison, I severely bruised my shin stepping out of a bus onto a manhole cover that had been left partially open (it swiveled to fully open, and I fell against the edge of the hole with my leg).
My bruise was at least that purple, and it took longer than two weeks to go away.

3 Likes

Well, maybe:
500k, minus 50% for the lawyers is 250k.
Minus (likely) ~15% for her agent is $212,500
Minus 33% taxes (you pay taxes on settlements, right?) is $140,250.
She likely had to pay for medical out of her pocket, so take that away-
And she likely was unable to work while bruised/injured, so that’s lost wages…

It seems totally possible that she’ll actually end up with something less than 100k for her trouble.

But I could be totally wrong, as IANAL etc etc.

2 Likes

It’s in the butt photo link, which I didn’t fully read yesterday because I was at work (I clicked to see the bruise, then quickly closed it).

The lawsuit was for $500k, not the settlement. We don’t know how much she settled for, I imagine it was a good bit less.

Yeah, I missed that because I didn’t click on the butt photo link. Assuming she’s telling the truth, and actually does have some kind of permanent nerve damage (I can’t imagine what other kind of damage she could have suffered), that definitely does change things.

Ah- missed that. Thanks!
As a result, I’d be shocked if she ended up with more than 100k out of this.

1 Like

I had the shadow of a bad puck bruise on the back of my left calf for three years. That butt bruise is bigger and worse than the 3.5" diameter bruise I had. Everything is 'shooped in the photographic end of modeling, but would that lingering shadow get her rejected from live gigs? I guess what some of us are getting at is, it’s possible that she actually could lose income because of this.

5 Likes

And not just from her appearance… an injury like that could limit mobility. So even if it didn’t look bad in photos its possible she couldn’t “contort” well enough for photos (or even, stand, or sit, or walk…)

4 Likes

As I said in the post that you responded to - that bruise can easily be covered by makeup. She still wouldn’t be able to do any gigs that required her to have a wet ass, I suppose (which may or may not be a significant portion of her gigs). Though it appears when he removes some of the makeup in this video that Dermablend, at the very least, is fairly resilient. This obviously isn’t a long term solution if the bruising lasts more than a few weeks/months.

But yeah, I hadn’t seen the bit about her having permanent damage (since the only linked article that mentioned it was the butt article, which I only clicked to see the bruise) from it as well, which changes the situation significantly.

Oh yeah, there’s little doubt that one would have a darn good limp from a bruise like that for several weeks. I shudder a little just thinking about how hot that thing would get, there’s more than one reason to ice a bad bruise, folks. So ouchy!

1 Like