Please tell me where this conveyor belt sushi bar is so I can make sure to never go

This appears to be a much closer match: Conveyor Belt Sushi in Houston Galleria, Sushigami. Same floor, table surface, chairs, et al.

6 Likes

White privilege in action.

You know a black or brown child would never be allowed to ‘play’ like that. People would be screaming and calling 911.

17 Likes

For food poisoning, try school (or any institution?) cafeterias; a young co-worker once told me of being sickened TWICE by food poisoning in her freshman year at UC Berkeley. (One might think they’d have their act straight, given the tuition.)

6 Likes

People who eat at a restaurant assume reasonable care has been taken to make sure plates and utensils are free of pathogens. A toddler’s sticky handprint on a lid isn’t something I want to have to worry about, especially when norovirus can live for weeks on a surface.

10 Likes

Back in the day, that foolishness would be shut down before anyone had a chance to call 911. After that, the kid would be the only one wanting to call for backup. Of course, times have changed in the community…

5 Likes

Tell me who those parents are so I can smack them upside the head for not restraining their plague carrying spawn in a proper manner!

3 Likes

Unless she helped buy their house, maybe he should start charging her rent.

3 Likes

Thanks, I hate it.

1 Like

I was sure it was going to end in a punchline, along the lines of “you have no toddler relatives”.

Really just isn’t a great idea.

1 Like

I once saw a kid eating pudding at a salad bar with the serving spoon. After that I basically just won’t eat any public self serve food.

I also dislike public swimming pools. So admittedly I may have a phobia. But I also hardly get sick.

Great band name, though.

3 Likes

Mariott services the UC campuses. I got horribly food poisoned at UC Davis.

(damn you “wings and things” bar!!!)
[and no, it never occurred to me that the “things” were pathogenic bacteria and/or viruses]

3 Likes

Given the nearby presence of a sushi chef, I have a modest proposal that would remove such instances of bad behaviour.

3 Likes

Though I think the problem here is that the shop is out in the open. The sushi train restaurants I have been to in Australia and Malaysia are all inside their own space, so you have to choose to go there, wait for a seat, etc.

1 Like

The back of dad’s shirt says it all: U-S-A. “Sushi” train, mall food court, 25 cent ride in the middle of it all.

Strangely not all that surprised…

1 Like

PSA: it doesn’t matter where this was. If you’re eating at any buffet style or conveyer belt style establishment, assume this has happened to all food, and decide what to eat accordingly.

Long ago at LAX, I saw a kid playing with the escalator handrail coming down from the arrivals. He was on the stationary floor and kept messing around with the rail moving towards him in perpetuity.

He stopped and stared at it, taking it all in, planning his next move. He then stuck his tongue on the black rubber snake creating a snail’s trail of kid saliva for about 15 seconds before he got bored.

To this day I wonder how sick that kid got.

1 Like