Polar bear got lost in Russia, hundreds of miles from home [video, photo]

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/17/polar-bear-got-lost-in-russia.html

“Environmentalists say the bear could have lost its bearings while drifting on an ice floe.”

1 Like

Probably just the jet lag.

4 Likes

I love how the camera scans the crowd just before retreating, no doubt calculating “which ones can I outrun?”

4 Likes

The Polar Bear comes every Spring for the Human sacrifice, it’s just doing what they trained it to do.

4 Likes

Is Russian bear. My Rubles on fact bear was drunk. Go home, bear, yous drunks.

1 Like

My guess is that it was adopted as a cub as an exotic pet, and then abandoned when it got too big. Scratch it under it’s chin and tell it it’s a good boy and it will roll right over.
You first.

1 Like

I imagine Russian social media is now full Chukchi jokes pertaining to this event.

3 Likes

In polar Russia, something something, Russian bear loses you.

Given that there will be a huge debate over whether this is a climate change thing:

“In Soviet Russia, bear polarizes YOU!”

2 Likes

I sympathize.

My time in math class convinced me that cartesian bears have a much easier world to navigate than polar bears do.

This one is probably either looking for a couple of pies or heading for the fertile crescent to hunt for sumerians to punish for inflicting sexagesimal usages on posterity.

Update: Turns out he had just taken a couple of Ambien the night before, so he could get a good night’s rest before the big seal hunt the next day.
He started sleepwalking, and things got out of control.

1 Like

“I saw this walrus, and he told me to take a left at Albuquerque.”

Hopefully can meet a nice Russian lady, get married, have some kids, replenish the dwindling Polar bear bloodline in the Russian population.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.