This is the Platonic ideal of Russian YouTube videos

[Permalink]

If only it had been captured via dashboard cam…

49 Likes

Good video! But I think it’s still missing a couple of things:

• Alcohol
  • Track suits
  • Music
  • among other things…
12 Likes

That’s actually good training for when you want a large hungry bear to habitually haunt your ground floor window.

14 Likes

What’s bear-talk for “No raw meat today, comrade.”

2 Likes

I laughed at the part where the guy put his hand on the bear paw because I do the same thing to my cat and she reacts in the same way.

5 Likes

I think something like “GRRROOOOOOOWWWWL!”.

…also, don’t the Russians have the right to keep and arm bears?

10 Likes

You forgot ‘vodka’, but I guess in Russia that’s always implied.

4 Likes

This is probably how lots of us in North America were 50 years ago. There’s also a long (by North American standards, at least) history of people using dumps as bear-viewing spots, and as recently as 25 years ago some were suggesting that dumps cold be used as buffer zones between bears and people.

However at large community dumps often frequented by people, bears become habituated to people, and many of these dumps in Minnesota have become tourist attractions. Most of the people watch the bears from their cars or from a distance, but a few mingle with them, throwing them food or even hand-feeding certain individuals. Some people test bears’ responses by hitting them with rocks. Others come to dump garbage, typically paying little attention to the bears. The bears usually pay more attention to each other than to the people, although a few bears approach people for marshmallows or other treats not usually found in garbage.

For context, that was written in 1989.

Abject screaming as your face is torn off. Just ask Werner Herzog & Timothy Treadwell. In black bear it may be similar, but you get to live to remember it.

3 Likes

How many Russians does it take to feed a bear?

Just one if he isn’t careful.

11 Likes

I’d have to think even a Russian mobster would blink at a guard bear.

1 Like

It’s all fun and games till that bear opens one of the guys up like a six foot can of blood soda.

8 Likes

They’re just Sweding War and Peace.

3 Likes

The size of that paw… :open_mouth:

1 Like

“This is how in Russia we remodel house.
In two minutes, window, wall, both cleared out, cheap, ready to rebuild.”

3 Likes

-Runaway trucks or construction equipment
-Livestock in a Lada 2107
-Complete apathy to all things listed

2 Likes

Alas, it lacks being a dashcam.

1 Like

Pulling up a scuba diver rapidly is the best. Spritzer!

We should not assume where Russia Man parks

4 Likes

Hey Boo-boo, let us go see if the Ranger has another pick-a-nick basket.

3 Likes