Police chief "on leave" after helping officers get fake Covid vaccination cards

Originally published at: Police chief "on leave" after helping officers get fake Covid vaccination cards | Boing Boing

6 Likes

And from all other perspectives as well. Go back in time and the sentence should read “in foresight, I am going to make a mistake”, and then “Right now, I am making a mistake”.

17 Likes

Locally, a county sheriff for an urban county was dismissed and indicted for stealing blank COVID vaccine cards and photocopying a colleague’s completed card for the purpose of creating fake vaccination records.

18 Likes

Even more succinct, I got caught. It wasn’t a mistake, he meant to do it and he did. He was likely counting on the good ol boy network either ignore it or order some cards for themselves. Instead of dabbing his toe in the dirt and saying “shucky shit” a collection of brain cells far greater than his own said, “Gotcha you stupe, here’s some lumps of coal for Christmas.” Time to start looking for Mall Cop opening if there are still malls anywhere.

15 Likes

Actually, to make a long story short, you conspired to commit a felony.

27 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

12 Likes

“Protect & Serve”, themselves, not the general public.

8 Likes

This is an aspect of these fake cards I don’t get. It seems that many of them are caught out by the sloppy way they create the cards in the first place. For something printed on standard paper stock, in b&w and with zero security features, it couldn’t be easier to replicate them, yet none of these morons seems capable of even the most basic graphic editing or even using a home printer. I mean, there are high-res photos all over the internet, people!

Also, I am not suggesting anyone do this because you’re a dick putting everyone’s life at risk, but… come on! It’s not that hard.

9 Likes

Or he can move to Florida where his actions probably would have netted him a commendation and/or promotion.

3 Likes

Yeah, but, like - if most of these people had the critical thinking skills required to make a really good fake COVID card, they would have already gotten the vaccine and wouldn’t need one. :smile:

13 Likes

this-is-so-correct

5 Likes

I hope he gets an even longer ‘unpaid leave’ if/when he gets prosecuted for committing a Federal Crime.

Yeah, you got caught.
That was your mistake.
The rest of it you did with intent, so it wasn’t a ‘mistake’ or an ‘accident’, or any other lame bullshit you want to fling around in the hope that it sticks.

4 Likes

Has anyone reported him yet to the government? Fake COVID cards is a federal crime, and they have a page to report people making them. Not sure about people telling others to get one, but I’ve heard of people reported for just that…

3 Likes

Smith, in a statement to the local newspaper, said in part: “To make a long story short, in retrospect, I made a mistake.”

What burns me up is that this line never works for those regular folks who are standing in front of a judge. Unless they have affluenza, I suppose.

6 Likes

“To make a long story short, in retrospect, I made a mistake.”

To make a short story even shorter… being stupid, you’ll continue to make “mistakes”.

2 Likes

I hope someone’s looking into the “friend” who told him about it and subsequently the “clinic” in question.

1 Like

The one-page letter — signed by Burgess

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.