Two cops fired for handing in counterfeit vaccine cards

Originally published at: Two cops fired for handing in counterfeit vaccine cards | Boing Boing

11 Likes

“The National Weather Service has rated this tornado ‘karmic’, and spotters have reported no damage as a result.”

15 Likes

Now if only they could get fired for murder, we’d really be on to something…

17 Likes

No Worries! DiSantis is hiring anti vaxx cops and the weather is beautiful down there.

11 Likes

ACAB

kjnvkakvbakblb

10 Likes

You beat me to this! Florida’s finest, here we come!

2 Likes

I know that “vaccination” is spelled wrong on the card displayed for this story, but at a passing glance it looks like a real vaccination card. Do you really want to post a blank card that people can just print out at home and write their bullshit on it? At least mark it with a water mark or something.

8 Likes

I assume they’ll just move along to another PD that’s more welcoming of abusive, corrupt, and law-breaking “bad apples”. That’s usually how these things shake out.

5 Likes

And if they ever get called upon to testify in a case for that other police department, the defense attorney can use their history to attack their credibility. “Officer [name] lied by submitting a fake COVID vaccination card and got fired for it. How can we believe that they wouldn’t lie on an official police report? Or on the witness stand? How can we believe anything that comes out of their mouth?”

9 Likes

For anyone who enjoys Freakonomics, there’s the story of the 18-year gap between the legalization of abortion and a drop in crime rates.

Is there a correlation between the ant-vaxxer / attempted use of fake COVID vax cards by “people who shouldn’t be police” and the occurrence of police-involved violence and murder?

3 Likes

They can lie on an arrest report and keep their job, lie on a vaccine card and that’s a firing?

4 Likes

“These heroes put their lives on the line, every day, to keep us safe. They’re what keeps us from reverting to complete anarchy.”

If anyone heard a strange sound this morning, it was my eyes rolling in my skull.

7 Likes

I thought it was the sound of one hand slapping (x1000)

the naked gun facepalm GIF

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been perplexed over the years when we read articles about cops filing false reports in connection with whatever bad thing the article is about, and there rarely (never?) seems to be a concern by the PD that their cops are lying to them. I’d think if the PD has/cares about integrity, falsifying reports would be a big deal.

Side note: since internal disciplinary actions of police is not transparent, it’s possible that there ARE repercussions that we can’t see. But those actions, if any, are not rising to something visible, such as a firing.

2 Likes

Probably more, since these two sound like the kind of police officers who will cause extra trouble, human suffering, and legal liabilities by being malignant assholes.

3 Likes

Their culture just isn’t law abiding.

2 Likes

Came to say this. Take it down and watermark it before putting it back up.

3 Likes

If we all agree that one rotten apple spoils the bunch, then the fact that any cop’s behavior is suspect is enough to throw doubt on the credibility of all other cops.

2 Likes

Lots of state’s attorneys keep a “Do not call,” list of police that they will not call to the witness stand for this reason. In Baltimore, they took the further step of PUBLISHING that list.

4 Likes

…until the next round of hurricanes.

2 Likes