California man charged for selling counterfeit covid vaccine cards

Originally published at: California man charged for selling counterfeit covid vaccine cards | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Orange and yellow stickers? The Air Force medics who administered my vaccines didn’t give me any stickers, just the card. Did they do it wrong?

17 Likes

That info is on the Bill Gates micro chip that now resides in you…

12 Likes

And Melinda found out about it and was pissed…

8 Likes

Probably selling them on the black market!

Do kids still do sticker books?

5 Likes

That’s a might 80’s question! I don’t think it’s a thing anymore.

6 Likes

Yes, this Big Kid does.

7 Likes

I didn’t get stickers either.

11 Likes

The 80’s kid and sticker collector in me is feeling left out. I just hope these aren’t scratch & sniff because then I’ll be straight up mad.

12 Likes

What would they smell like? Freedom? The outside? Other people not in your covid pod? :thinking:

9 Likes

We recently had an asshole get banned from furry cons for pushing this idea.

23 Likes

yyyyyeeeucckkk

1 Like

I saved both of mine. I thought about laminating one of them. If you really want one, I could mail you one.

1 Like

Well, I mean, they aren’t hard to forge. But come on, you want cons to come back, get vaccinated!

I guess if you’re IN a fur suit, you at least shouldn’t be spreading it as easily.

3 Likes

Nope, me neither, just the card.

9 Likes

I guess we’ll never know. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Finally a good reason for the Federal Real ID standards. Issue a card that has all the features of a Real ID for getting the vax (or for having legitimate health reasons for not getting it). Require them everywhere. Fuck the anti-vaxxers.

When will people learn that this world-wide emergency is as bad (likely worse) than WWII?

4 Likes

Sticker books not so much, but stickers all over laptops seems to be a thing (but maybe more for for 20+ year old kids?)

3 Likes

As expected in a country where science has been politicized, the scumbag opportunists are coming out of the woodwork to take advantage of it. I hope the authorities keep stomping down hard on them.

We also really need proper vaccine passports as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it looks like they’ll only be implemented on a state-by-state level, so even with international standards being accepted (the EU and Israel likely leading the way) it will still be a while before we see them in the U.S.

4 Likes

Yeah, people are just assholes. Dammit.

3 Likes