Tickets to Florida punk show are $18, or $999 if you haven't been vaccinated

Originally published at: Tickets to Florida punk show are $18, or $999 if you haven't been vaccinated | Boing Boing

6 Likes

But seriously, this is an awesome idea.

19 Likes

Anti-vaxxers and covidiots should get used to things like this. If they want to live with their delusions and conspiracy theories that endanger everyone there will be consequences.

21 Likes

$999.99 - the price of “freedom”.

13 Likes

love it, only thing is, how are they going to verify it? the stupid forms are forged and available online, i hear.

5 Likes

Until we get proper vaccine passes/passports, people are going to cheat. There are stopgaps (e.g. signed consent forms as with this L.A. bar) but full verification is several months off.

7 Likes

10 Likes

I think the real impact of this policy has less to do with protecting concertgoers from people willing to cheat and lie about their vaccination status than his has to do with sending a clear message: “If you aren’t willing to get yourself vaccinated then you are not welcome here.”

13 Likes

And the proof is… oh, the “honor system”.

I’m seeing stores now with signs like “If we see you without a mask, we will assume you are vaccinated”.
Uh, good luck with that!

7 Likes

Again, the concert promoter isn’t really expecting to catch anyone who lies about being vaccinated. The point is to make willfully unvaccinated people feel unwelcome. Which they damn well should be.

17 Likes

yeah, for sure. like the places that had signs that say “if we tell you you have to wear your mask, the fine is $25, and if we have to explain why we have a mask policy, an additional $175 fee gets added to that.”

you can just bet that anti-vaxx jerks are going to try and get in anyway with forged documents… just wondering if they were going to try to enforce it somehow, or just hope that the sticker shock would scare people off.

8 Likes

$18, or $999 if you haven’t been vaccinated

Fair by any metric, or calculus if need be.

8 Likes

Waiting for someone to say this is literally Nazi deathcamps all over again. (or Nazi deathmetal?)

3 Likes

Punk in St. Pete? It better be Club Detroit.

Or next door at Janus if they’re having something interesting there.

2 Likes

Does the $999 include access to a “VIP” seating area?

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Charging $999 will prevent the purchaser from spreading covid at the concert? /s

by Florida law (per DeSantis of course) you can’t require vaccination to attend an event. This is a clever way around that, or at least to protest that

k just saw the /s but I think some people don’t know the FL law they’re circumventing

6 Likes

They missed a great opportunity to make the unvaccinated tickets 666.66.

6 Likes

Given that the only evidence people have is the paper card, and paper cards are easy to counterfeit, I can’t see any way to make a secure vaccine passport. I would love to be proven wrong.

1 Like

And in the California Red Zones:

1 Like