Should you laminate your Covid vaccine card?

Originally published at: Should you laminate your Covid vaccine card? | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Mine will be in a lanyard around my neck, and it will emanate this type of light for all the Universe to see. For reals…

200w-3

45 Likes

We were specifically told not to laminate ours due to the 100% predictable need for booster doses later.

47 Likes

May we have a moment of silence for the fact that these cards aren’t the same size as credit cards, so they won’t fit in our wallets?

57 Likes

While getting my free Krispy Kreme donut, my card was glazed with sugar frosting. Is that ok?

45 Likes

It’s too bad they’re not booklets that fold into a credit card size.

28 Likes

The standard Yellow Card folds nicely to fit inside a passport.

A COVID Vax card should too. Maybe have a color?

10 Likes

Just rustle up a snack-sized ziplock or similarly sized baggie from an Amazon delivery of [whatever]. Photograph the shit out of it, and tuck it into your real passport.

17 Likes

This inconvenience is truly the work of Satan.

You’d think they would make the Mark of the Beast more convenient. /s

27 Likes

Well that’s an easy problem to solve. Just get a new card for the booster and then have 2 cards. Of course, since the cards can be counterfeited, there will probably be a smartphone app that will become the passport and counterfeiting will be harder.

9 Likes

In addition to putting my vaccine card in a protector, I plan on having a friend (or myself if need be) taking videos of me getting my jabs. I’ll also be taking photos of any intake forms I have to fill out of the vaccine site.

Anti-vaxxers and QAnoners and other death cult members are going to be (if they’re not already) forging vaccine cards the moment they realise that lacking one of the digital “Vaccine Passports” that follow will deny them access to that to which they’re "entitled’ as hard-workin’ white Real Americans™. I’m going to make damned sure that no one can question the validity of mine.

26 Likes

https://www.axios.com/james-koncar-fired-tiktok-fake-covid-vaccine-cards-95f5935a-a6cb-4760-a258-16a4bc349639.html

23 Likes

The thought of people being forced to own or travel with a smartphone to prove vaccination status is not a happy one. There are too many people who don’t use smartphones, too many companies that play fast and loose with storing/securing data, and too many border agents able to search or seize them. I’ll stick with paper.

24 Likes

Way ahead of you there

Health-Care Workers Are Bragging on TikTok About Forging Vax Cards (thedailybeast.com)

14 Likes

Good point but most of the world has already started with smartphone passports. So there’s that. But there are other ways to counteract counterfeiting without an app.

7 Likes

You’re supposed to wear it in your forehead.

“And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or on their foreheads“
-Revelations 13:16

And as a true American Xtianist, I am going to conveniently ignore the portion that contradicts my prior statement.

/s

8 Likes

NY already has one, though since I only have one dose so far (I got the Dolly dose!!!), I’m not eligible yet.

8 Likes

I wish you would have told me this before I bought that laminator on sale on Amazon. Who am I kidding, I would have bought it anyhow. I did make a digital copy stored on my important document thumbdrive so I can always print it if they need to write on it. It’s not like it’s an official document document that can’t be forged. My stent cards are foldable credit card size so they could have designed something wallet size.

5 Likes

I know one time trying to use a laminated Social Security card for getting a new license, the wouldn’t take it because it would make it easier to fake somehow… they did, however, take a pay stub with the number on it - despite the fact I could buy those checks from Office Depot and print what ever number I wanted on there.

10 Likes

I suspect we can thank the lack of funding the government has for that. Not to mention that it is barely thicker than a typical piece of paper.

Taking a photo of it is a good idea. I hadn’t thought of that.

5 Likes