A company is offering proof of vaccination with a 'Covid passport' for $19.95

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/27/a-company-is-offering-proof-of-vaccination-with-a-covid-passport-for-19-95.html

3 Likes

Where can I find a card that says that I am a one percenter and no longer have to pay taxes?

I’d pay at least $19.95 for that.

Even before the pandemic it really wouldn’t be too hard to fake a Yellow Card. It’s not like passport control is going to call your doctor.

9 Likes

The only price one should pay for a “Covid Passport” is getting the full vaccination from a state-accredited medical professional or institution. This stinks of a dangerous scam.

There are going to be a lot of positive and negative outcome of a legitimate “Covid Passport” system, but get ready because – one way or another – they’ll be in place in every Western county by this summer.

13 Likes

It surely does. The company’s main line of business is performing background check screenings, at least as far as the internet shows.

3 Likes

You just know that right-wing anti-vaxxers are going to start waving around fake versions of this so they can demand to be let into stores without masks.

I hope the state of California continues universal mask orders, including for people who have been fully vaccinated.

6 Likes

tng-picard-facepalm

9 Likes

If this is actually required, it should be coming from some sort of government authority and not cost $20. This smells like a scam, or a way for people to claim something they are not.

6 Likes

I remember the good old days when we thought RFID chips were the worst thing officials could put in a passport… :weary:

9 Likes

I’ma go and get stoned now, too much info for this old man… Holy F#ck, we’re doomed…

8 Likes

Thanks but I’m good.

8 Likes

I’m still waiting for these anti-maskers (especially that European? woman in California who was pushing the fake FTBA placards) to follow through with the lawsuits they keep threatening individual retail workers with.

2 Likes

Seems at least as legit as this:

brstinsp1

Why no “late stage capitalism” tag on this one? It’s shitty enough.

take a video of your doctor giving you the vaccine?
make them say what the shot is for and close up on their face and name badge.
your hospital’s official website presumably will have a list of faculty for anyone who wants to check.
not perfect, but at least as reputable as whatever this fly-by-night company is offering, and oh yeah, it’s free.

2 Likes

People who’ve had Covid and recovered can still be carriers and transmit the virus to others even if they don’t get sick again themselves. Is there any data or theories to support the idea that letting the vaccinated roam freely won’t increase the spread of the disease?

2 Likes

I sense overlapping target audiences for this, and the people who get fake “emotional support animal” gear for Paws, or their pet gerbil, or ostrich, or whatever.

When I got my vaccine (as a non-medical emergency responder), they gave me this card, and filled in the blanks and attached a sticker from the manufacturer indicating the lot number. Should anyone need to see the actual card, I would either show them physically or upload a picture of the filled out card.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/docs/CDCShotCardCOVID19EnSp.pdf

4 Likes

Not yet. It is hoped that transmission will, at least, be reduced but not enough data exists to support that yet. Masks, distance and washing are going to be a thing for a while yet.

I got a card and a sticker(!)

@timd

I got a card and a sticker(!)

Sticker on the card with dose details, or a separate “I got vaccinated” sticker?

An I got vaccinated sticker. I do doubt either would be acceptable for international travel, the card is more like an appointment card or if I got admitted to hospital. Maybe when I get the second dose there is a more permanent card.