Police cite man creeping on beach dressed as Halloween's Michael Myers

Originally published at: Police cite man creeping on beach dressed as Halloween's Michael Myers | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Disorderly conduct? I guess police gotta cite, can’t never let anything go.

9 Likes

'I would have gotten away with it if wasn’t for those meddling Karens, you know?" he said.

karen-karening

8 Likes

Needs more The Lonely Man theme.

4 Likes

Bloody real knife? Or rubber knife.

One certainly would bear looking into.

7 Likes

He wanted to bring some positivity? Couldn’t he have dressed up as Waldo, Big Bird, or the Maytag Repair Man? I mean other than Big Bird the other costumes are very cost conscious and would have given me a chuckle.

7 Likes

Or maybe split the difference and go as Milkman Dan

3 Likes

you would think during a hurricane the police would have more important things to do. but i guess this was weird enough for them to have to check it out.

4 Likes

as Hurricane Nicholas was approaching Texas, police were called to a Galveston beach where a gentleman was creeping around dressed as Halloween’s Michael Myers, complete with mask and bloody knife.

…while in every drunken texan’s underwear is an entirely unregulated unregistered semi-automatic weapon? and this guy thinks he’s safe? (“Well, his mask is white, y’see”)

4 Likes

Yeah just no. That’s not what “positivity” looks like.

Obviously no rational person would have thought he was literally the fictional character from the Halloween movies, but there have been some pretty infamous cases of violent psychos committing bloody assaults while cosplaying as masked slasher movie villains so it’s hard to blame folks for feeling uncomfortable.

5 Likes

God, this is so dumb. Like the clown bombing, it’s more a reflection on America’s Next Door/Ring/Neighborhood paranoia and self-aggrandizement than it does about anyone’s mental state. Every time some teenager buys a Pennywise mask and terrorizes a town by… standing outside(!?!) I chuckle a little bit to myself.

2 Likes

But it’s OK for ANYONE to walk around with a gun. Texas … go figure …

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.