Police department of ancient secret society busted in Los Angeles

I hear Baltimore’s got themselves a fake police dept. problem too.

14 Likes

…and found they were unable to answer fundamental questions about their jurisdiction and what they hoped to accomplish.

I sure wish someone could make this kind of question stick for the DEA, NSA, and those other TLA’s operating with such impunity.

13 Likes

I just love the scare quotes in

The Masonic Fraternal Organization is the oldest and most respected organization in the “World.”

also of note:

We are not “Sovereign Citizens’ nor do we condone terrorist activity, sovereign citizens or clandestine!

Down with clandestine!

7 Likes

On a more serious note, one of these guys works at the Justice Dept.? In what capacity?

1 Like

The “lack of clear jurisdiction” I think will make charges of impersonation hard to stick. If they are not claiming to represent any particular municipal, county, state, or federal department - I’m not sure (IHNRTL) there is anything they can do. Anybody can “police”, provided they do not claim affiliation with an existing police department.

Another layer of irony is the increasing frequency of the prison-industrial complex relying upon private police and pseudo-official personnel. People trying to define “who the real fake police are” is going to get funny.

8 Likes

Thanks for the good laugh! While you’re at it, can you explain why community alert gets a rocket? I sort of get the light bulb - a light unto the world, or something.

1 Like

“Assume the position, perp… No, not spread eagles against the wall! You’ve got to roll up your trouser leg and bare your left breast, then…”

8 Likes

That article is one of my favorite true-crime reads. The other of course being Hans Reiser. Truth can be so much stranger than fiction.

Our uniforms have skulls on them. Are we the baddies?

12 Likes

On their web site the leader calls himself “Absolute Supreme Sovereign Grandmaster.” Most people with that syndrome just buy a Hummer.

1 Like

My dad’s name was Gawain. I’m pretty sure that makes me a Knight of the Round Table. Tomorrow I ride!

3 Likes

I believe that is the convention, yes.

5 Likes

Wait, is gmail a tool of the Knights Templar?

Yeah, what do they mean fake police? Do they even know who they are?

…and guns too! BOOM, I went there…

1 Like

I think its a typo. Should be “REPORT A CRIME / COMPLETE A FREELANCE ILLUSTRATION”

4 Likes

Reminds me of the fake police department that Deckard gets taken to in PKD’s “Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep” - Maybe they are all androids? :wink:

2 Likes

Gosh, you’re right, why a rocket??

Such a title can only make me think of this:

Add in some wizards and dragons and you’ve got the whole set.

1 Like