Police department of ancient secret society busted in Los Angeles

so this is like a group version of those freelance superheroes that were in the news several years ago?

I mean, as long as they are less corrupt than the actual police, I guess I’m OK with it? maybe not. I cannot tell how to feel.

I’ve been involved with two masonic lodges through my membership in the BSA when I was younger.

They’re creepy, but not in the “Illuminati runs the world” way. They’re creepy because while they try to emphasize their public image of charitable giving, internally they’re pretty much “white, mostly elderly businessmen doing each other financial favors” club.

5 Likes

Man do paranoid people get freaked out by the Masons!

1 Like

This sums up how much of it is. You’ve got to check out the fringes of masonry for the interesting stuff.

2 Likes

What gets me is that the masons feel that their long history of existing justifies whatever power they can exercise.

“We have a long tradition in our family of all the men secretly working together with a few dozen other business owners to be bigots towards ‘the wrong kinds of people’. We’ve done it for centuries. My daddy did it, his daddy did it, his great granddaddy was a master of not serving ‘the wrong kinds of people’, so dammit, we deserve all the respect and power we have.”

1 Like

@gtmac is referencing a really hilarious sketch by Mitchell and Webb about Nazis. I seriously doubt any slight on Vietnam Vets is intended… :wink:

2 Likes

That wasn’t really my expectation. I took the comment at face value and assumed that @gtmac wasn’t being rhetorical, so that’s why I posted the patch, since a lot of US armed forces mission and unit patches have various skulls on them, and they’re ostensibly not the “baddies”.

1 Like

No worries, it’s just that it’s a fairly direct reference for people who know the show. I get your point though, certainly worth making.

1 Like

This annoyed me greatly, because it sounds like a very interesting story, but there’s just so little real information yet. Like, what exactly were they trying to do? Make money? Commit crimes? Be “sovereign citizens”? Or is it just expensive cosplay?

It’s like a teaser for the court case, which I will be following closely.

2 Likes

Ajitprop.

Huh. The chief claims to be a 33rd degree Mason. I thought 32nd degree was the highest you could get, and that 33rd is an honorary degree usually awarded to US Presidents.

You haven’t been listening to allied propaganda?

I was not aware of all Mitchell-&-Webb conventions.
The Totenkopf has negative associations for my people.

Ostensibly.

2 Likes

Well, come on, it’s one of their best bits. Show the people.

And why we are on the subject of Nazis, here is another great bit:

5 Likes

Man, the Illuminati are really letting things slip through their fingers, they can’t even keep their secret police force secret.

Apparently his job at the Justice Department is being retitled to “fired”, but he was high enough up in the organization that both he and they really should have known better.

Other people also get to be 33rd degree, but at least according to Wikipedia, in the Scottish Rite, which is the main white-people-dominated Masonic system, it’s mostly an honorary degree for people who’ve done extraordinary service for a long time (how long depends on which Masonic organization.) There are various Knights Templar titles between the Scottish and York Rites, and some independent ones as well. I don’t know if the same applies in the Prince Hall lodges, which are primarily African-American, or other Masonic rites. But I assume they just made it up themselves because it sounded cool.

(My grandfathers were both Masons, but didn’t talk much about it by the time I knew them. My dad’s reaction to being invited to join DeMolay was “run away, run away!” Most of what I know of Masonry comes from the Illuminatus! trilogy, and is therefore entirely accurate.)

4 Likes

George Washington wore his apron in public while laying the cornerstone for the District of Columbia.

I wonder if the Honorable Brotherhood of Village Idiots has a police force?