Police disarm "UFO detector" in New Jersey State Park

Originally published at: Police disarm "UFO detector" in New Jersey State Park | Boing Boing

5 Likes

A soup can? Is this based on Scientology?

A small flag on the device read “UFO Detector Site #448,”

So… probably a lot more of these things around?

11 Likes

The engineering and electronic mastery of this other worldly device is far beyond what mere Earthlings could possibly ever manufacture, truly mind boggling.

7 Likes

Now how will we know when They arrive?
If They have been receiving and reviewing our TV and radio broadcasts, what makes you think They would want to come here? Unless they’re annoyed at missing the end of Single Female Lawyer.

5 Likes

Man they’re going to need a loooooong piece of string if they want to talk to those aliens.

3 Likes

I think it works by if the soup can disappears then it must be scrap-collecting aliens.

1 Like

et GIF

5 Likes

Finally, Boston can put the 2007 ATHF “Mooninite Panic” behind them, there’s a new king to be crowned.

5 Likes

Round here people do the same with old central heating radiators and broken fridges.

1 Like

Should have been mounted on a “My Pillow”

4 Likes

That was just the decoy, and they fell for it… As planned.

4 Likes

How do you detect a “UFO” if by definition it’s “unidentified”???

Unless your detector is just one of these:

1 Like

Holy crap! Holy crap!

4 Likes

I used to make stuff like this when I was 8 or 9. I’d dumpster dive at businesses to get neat looking housings and cords. I got scrap wood from behind the hardware store. The innards didn’t matter since I didn’t understand all that. But as long as it looked cool it worked great for me. I once made an intergalactic telephone that had a working red light on top!

3 Likes

And, did you use it to phone home?

4 Likes

The galactic police has arrived; Nobody move, nobody get hurt!

GIF by Close Encounters of the Third Kind

2 Likes

Laserblast_24_

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.