Police Federation furious at name of new comedy cop show

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/10/police-federation-furious-at-name-of-new-comedy-cop-show.html

15 Likes

A new reality TV show about police officers in training

This is not a reality TV show. It’s a sitcom (with actors and writers who have a great pedigree - I’m looking forward to it).

I mean, it’s right there in the very first line of the article the post is sourced from, FFS!

ITV has had to defend itself against the strong arm of the law after the name of its new comedy landed it in hot water.

ETA this is so egregious, someone probably ought to fix it. (@orenwolf?)

22 Likes

561193f8-33ef-421e-a3c1-d3fbb7f7acb7_text

35 Likes

I guess I finally understand why cops need body armour: they have much thinner skins than the rest of us.

42 Likes

“We won’t help them now,” she hinted, silently.

31 Likes

I wasn’t aware an oath of loyalty and undying gratitude was owed to the police, if one hoped to be able to count on their assistance and availability in a time of need.

I am so screwed.

21 Likes

There’s no equivalent of the Hippocratic Oath for cops, unfortunately.

21 Likes

… which they’re under no obligation to provide

though it might be different in the UK

14 Likes

waynes-world-pork-product

24 Likes

The show should use this as the opening soundtrack:

5 Likes

“First, do no.”

6 Likes

It’s not like it’s sponsored by Danepak.

11 Likes

heehee! i understood that reference!

6 Likes

First, yes, that is an offensive name.

Second: welcome to the club along with every other group of people ever called some slur or other.

However, unlike most other people called a nasty name based on an innate trait they can’t control, the police can do something to end the use of “Pig”: be better.

15 Likes

I hope they maintain that fury towards the show, it’s good advertisement.

4 Likes

Yeah, that sounds like a threat.

5 Likes

Maybe there should be…

20 Likes

dragons' den idea GIF by CBC

15 Likes

I guess cops can’t take a joke…

5 Likes

Cops being called pigs is a horrible insult. They’re kind, polite, and out there putting their lives on the line every day to make the world a better place. It’s a terrible mistreatment to compare one to the other. Pigs deserve much better.

14 Likes