Police guarding Tucson elementary school principal after parents with "law enforcement-grade" zip-ties threaten her over Covid rules

Originally published at: Police guarding Tucson elementary school principal after parents with "law enforcement-grade" zip-ties threaten her over Covid rules | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Of course the wannabe cop is wearing Oakleys too

10 Likes

Nothing says “we care about individual freedom” like threatening abduction.

57 Likes

The reluctance of the corporate news outlet to name the business owner (and right-wing terrorist) Kelly Walker can only be explained by cowardice. Same for his cowardly confederate, Zip-Tie Frank. Do your bloody job, KVOA.

42 Likes

The thing with a citizen’s arrest is that the person making the “arrest” has none of the legal protections that police officers have, meaning that they can be sued and criminally charged for anything that happens in the process.

This is why successful citizen’s arrests almost never happen.

24 Likes

People who have no understanding of the limits of citizen’s arrest and the legal perils of doing it.

26 Likes

More straight C - D grades crowd come back for some pay back to all those teachers that failed them. I sure of it.

16 Likes

Do these ‘law enforcement grade zip-tie’ people not realise than law enforcement use handcuffs, unless they run out of handcuffs? And that LEO go in with an even more important piece of kit: lawful police powers?

18 Likes

Zip-cuffs are rapidly becoming the symbol of the alt-right. Considering no civilian has a reason to own them, I feel like you could surveil everyone who buys them and prevent a lot of terrible things. Not that I necessarily condone mass surveillance, but buying them seems like it’s at least probable cause for a search warrant or something. That is, if police weren’t actually on the side of the alt-right.

51 Likes

Buying spray paint at HomeDepot requires an ID. Why not zip-ties?

32 Likes

OHHHH you have CONSTITUTIONAL rights! why didn’t you just say so? of course the kid can go on the trip.

19 Likes

Whiny Mob Attempts Kidnapping to Protest Thing That Doesn’t Personally Affect Most of Them

28 Likes

Psychobro: “This is not the right approach.” - in his eyes the “right approach” is throwing a hissy fit temper tantrum and kidnapping a principal. Trumpism has infantilized our country.

19 Likes

I’m loving the looks on the administrator’s faces: “Fucking men…”

19 Likes

I mean - that isn’t 100% true. There are people who use them which have nothing to do with kidnapping people, or a citizen arrest or anything. I suspect a majority sold are used for other purposes. You can literally get them on Amazon, so…

3 Likes

13 Likes

I’ve got some zip ties which could be used as cuffs… I used them to hold coaxial cable to my downspout?

9 Likes

That’s a euphemism, right?

31 Likes

As someone who buys zip ties by the thousand count bag for wire management, please for the love of %deity% NO.

17 Likes

Example? If you’re talking restraint play in sex, they are extremely dangerous for that. Buy proper quick release sex toys, people. What legitimate use does the average person have for zip cuffs?

17 Likes