Police raid Oakland's psychedelic mushroom church

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/27/police-raid-oaklands-psyched.html

3 Likes

This can’t be the kind of bust you’d lay out on a table and brag about. You can almost hear the jeers from other cops…

“Ooohh, the big Psychedelic Mushroom Church bust… how’d you connect the dots on that one, Sherlock?”

And seriously, if I had that outfit, I would wear that every single time I went to the grocery store…

9 Likes

The Man cannot stand people enjoying life non-violently when black, or any other ethnicity when anything other than Fox News distorts their reality.

Prove me wrong. I dare ya.

6 Likes

I swear “church of psychotropics” was a legit Dragnet episode.

4 Likes

1 Like

Crazy stuff: The kid who played “Blue Boy” went on to get his PhD in History from Yale, and was a Professor of History at Mt. Holyoke from 1980 until his retirement in 2002.

3 Likes

The one I was referring to was season 1968, episode 18, The Prophet. The priest was pushing LSD out of a “church” called The Temple of the Expanded Mind. One of Friday’s biggest soapbox speeches.

4 Likes

Another great one, yes!

2 Likes

I’m all for legalizing entheogens. However, everything about the pontif of this church and what he was pulling screams high douchebagery.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.