Police redeliver Amazon packages sent to cemetery

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/24/police-redeliver-amazon-packag.html

2 Likes

They’ll discover it wasn’t a mistake when it turns out that all the packages contain brrrainnnzzzz.

16 Likes

It’s a killer job.

2 Likes

This was a serious incident. Some might call it grave.

11 Likes

Sounds to me like a delivery driver is about to lose their job.

3 Likes

I wonder if someone’s discovered the local Porch Pirates’ hideout?

6 Likes

Their training didn’t adequately explain the concept of the Dead Letter Office.

4 Likes

i wonder if the frying pan i ordered is there. because it sure as hell never showed up here.

Oh, I have an opinion about what happend, born of frustrating first hand experience! I live one town over and our mail is sorted out of the Burlington office. In the past year or more, nearly all of our Amazon deliveries come via the USPS, so I’m going to assume that these found packages are same.

On more than one occassion on a Saturday or Sunday, an Amazon package where the tracking shows “out for delivery”, either just never arrives, or is coded “could not be delivered” for some bogus reason.* This ONLY happens on weekends when there are part-time carriers delivering packages (our regular carrier is a gem). The Burlington packages were found on a Monday, implying weekend handling. All signs point to the presence of a rogue part-timer doing some serious (and now possibly criminal) slacking. (let’s hope there’s only one)

*two weeks ago, the code was “front door obstructed”. Except that it wasn’t AND the time stamp was at a time when I was sitting at a table mere feet from the OPEN door.

3 Likes

“Well, the Will didn’t say to cancel the subscribe and save items, so let’s just update to the new address!”

2 Likes

Whenever my delivery tracking includes USPS (like Fedex Not-So Smart Post Home Delivery), I know it’s gonna take a week for items to show up. It’s not easy to train myself to be patient after they got me hooked on that 2-day service.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.