Police remove "close to a million" N95 masks from Brooklyn house

Notice that Amazon box there. I wonder how many other houses with 1M masks worth of amazon deliveries exist, and whether Amazon is volunteering that information to law enforcement.

8 Likes

This was implemented recently and unfortunately I cannot find the source (maybe it was through boingboing)

Now I just read that No.45 aka Cheetos McCheeseface aka Useless Idiot has forbidden 3M from exporting masks to Canada and Latin America. We are going to pay the price yet again for the incompetence of the administration of the Sowhat Union, the United Sinkholes of America. This is just the pits. Keep bringing the nails…

Here we have a clear example of how one action (coughing on FBI saying you have Coronavirus ) will absolutely destroy any good will or argument that you’re running a legitimate medical supplies business.

I wonder if people who bought supplies from this guy can sue for exposure and failure to disclose he was a carrier. (by his own admission).

5 Likes

Pay it forward!

“Stop coughing” will become the new “Stop resisting.”

8 Likes

Snowbird, he’ll be off to Miami for Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

In times of warfare, there is a long legal tradition of private property being confiscated for use by friendly forces. The confiscating entity is obligated to pay fair prices for what’s taken… after hostilities are over. (So good luck getting recompense from the losing team)

1 Like

from

The man who was charged with lying to federal agents, Baruch Feldheim, 43, charged a doctor $12,000 last month for a large order of masks, gowns and hazmat gear at a 700 percent markup, according to the F.B.I. The agency called it a glaring example of hoarding of medical supplies that are designated as essential under a presidential executive order.

When the doctor went to pick up his order at an auto repair shop in Irvington, N.J., which was being used as a warehouse, he saw so many pallets of medical gear, Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer that it would have been enough to supply an entire hospital, a criminal complaint said.

Feldheim then made false statements to the FBI agents regarding his possession and sale of personal protective equipment and other materials. He falsely told the agents, among other things, that he worked for a company that bought and sold personal protective equipment and other materials and that he never took physical custody of the materials. Feldheim further falsely stated that he did not possess large quantities of personal protective equipment materials and that he never sold them directly to individuals.

The assault charge carries a maximum penalty of one year in prison and a $100,000 fine. The false statements charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

criminal complaint

1. Individual A negotiated with the Target Number over text message and phone, and ultimately agreed to purchase on behalf of Doctor A approximately 2,000 3PLY surgical masks, 1,000 N-95 surgical masks, 2,000 sterile gowns, and 800 additional gowns made of Hazmat material. Doctor A paid approximately $12,000, which was a mark-up of approximately 700% from what Doctor A normally paid for such supplies.
6 Likes

As we sometimes say up here Nous nous souviendrons.

1 Like

No wall required for that.

https://twitter.com/ndbconnolly/status/1133527227407093760?s=21

The concentration camps for Japanese Americans during WWII were also substantially motivated by land theft:

https://twitter.com/sarahtaber_bww/status/954774752970801152?s=21

6 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

I hope you don’t get your wish for jailing people without trial.

1 Like

Then I’m quite sure he can produce business records, invoices, tax receipts, etc. to show this, right? Given he was supposedly running this from his home, I’d be more than a little disturbed if this was the case. I don’t think I want my doctor getting her supplies from “Bob’s Discount Medical Supplies.”

4 Likes

“NYC has everything - from the most giving, helpful and kind people in the country to the most self centered, narcissistic asshholes in the country.”

Well. We gave the world Anthony S. Fauci, M.D. as well as Donald J. Trump, S.O.B.

And me. I’m pretty cool. Ask my granddaughter.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.