Police sting operation busts an "illegal" nail salon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/28/police-sting-operation-busts-a.html

2 Likes

One question remains, “If this bust took place during non-COVID-19 times, would it have been illegal?” (I am thinking cosmetology licensing.)

1 Like

Any of those salons have a law office in the back that can help?

8 Likes

I don’t think it’s overreach or would-be hero cops. I think they’re enforcing the regulations, which are unusual but are reasonable because there’s a pandemic going on, and it’s causing mass fatalities.

You must have heard about it; it’s been in the news.

7 Likes

Did they call 911 or did they call the White People’s Helpline?

Can’t say in this case, but I bet that there will be a lot of Pandemic Pats who think that an anonymous snitchline is wonderful.

1 Like

Please avoid posting content from the Washington Times.

They have clear political and ideological biases. Their comment section is also a rightwing echo chamber.

11 Likes

Usually a statement like this would be a polite euphemism for some other kind of service.

6 Likes

If only Beaumont Becky had known…

Jail terms seem like an unproductive overreaction. Where I live they would have gotten a $10k fine for a smaller scale offence like this which seems to be adequate so far to deter most small businesses from skirting the rules.

2 Likes

We’re complaining about business lockdowns being enforced now?

Let’s don’t do that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.